ZM He 219 confirmed in SAMI

Kagemusha

As I'm going to Nurnberg ( for the Spielwaremesse, for my job), I hope to see the HE 219 on the ROG stand.

Will try to take somme pics (if I have the time..... :closedeyes: )

Great choice from REVELL anyway.

Cheers,

Jamme

Hi all;

I had already decided that maybe I wasn't too bothered about the He-219, but after seeing Romain Hugault's artwork, I've changed my mind!! After all, am I mistaken in thinking that the He-219 is not that big an airframe? I had a 1/72 Revell kit of one several years ago, and was surprised at how small it was!! So in 1/32, it shouldn't be too huge!

Regarding the Dornier 17Z. I take the points on board about Revell waiting for the salvage of the Goodwin Sands example. That would make perfect sense...but how certain is the recovery? It's going to be a very costly and difficult operation. Also, going by the books I have on my shelf, there is a surprising amount of good Do-17 reference out there. Either way, I really do hope that we see a 1/32 Do-17Z one day.

I've heard a few people criticise Revell for concentrating on Luftwaffe types in 1/32 scale. I'm glad they are! We'll see plenty of Allied types from other companies. In fact, I have a list of future Luftwaffe 1/32 stuff I'd like to see...

Later versions of the Ju-88 and He-111. No brainer there!

Arado 96B. A very attractive design that I like more and more every time I see photographs of this aircraft!

Messerschmitt Bf-108. Bags of colour scheme options for civil and military. Gorgeous little aircraft too!

Heinkel 51. I know we have the excellent Silver Wings kit...but a cheaper, injection version of this handsome biplane!

Henschell Hs-129. Ultra cool flying tank!

Dornier 17Z and 217. Got to have these!

Bucker Jungameister. Again, a classic aircraft with loads of military and civilian choices!

Messerschmitt Me-410. Not a very good aeroplane...but would make a cracking 1/32 kit!

I've got loads more...but I won't bang on.

..And bring on that He-219!

Regards;

Steve

Steve

Not that small. Compared to He 111 (big kit in '32nd)

He 111

Wingspan 74ft 1¾in (22.60m) 1/32 = 70.6cm

Length 53ft 9½in (16.40m) 1/32 = 51.2cm

Height 13ft 1¼in (4.00m) 1/32 = 15.5cm

He 219

Wingspan 60ft 8.25in (18.5m) 1/32 = 57.8cm

Length 50ft 11.75in (15.54m) 1/32 = 48.5cm

Height 13ft 5.5in (4.10m) 1/32 = 12.8cm

So it will be quite large and look larger because its sat up on its tricycle u/c..

Matt

As I'm going to Nurnberg ( for the Spielwaremesse, for my job), I hope to see the HE 219 on the ROG stand.

Will try to take somme pics (if I have the time..... :closedeyes: )

Great choice from REVELL anyway.

Cheers,

Jamme

You might see the ZM kit there too as the advert states it is finally announced at Nurnberg, even though the advert was printed before Nurnberg. :rolleyes:

When I met him in Oslo, he told me that he had parts from a Ju 88 recovered from the sea and parts from a Ju88 recoved from a lake, and the difference was radical. Also, according to him, restoring aluminium recovered from the sea is futile. Apparently the aluminium continues to degrade even when pulled out of the sea water.

Guttorm told me the same thing, ironically it was in relation to the Fw 190A-3 http://www.luftwaffe.no/wreck/

Edited by Kagemusha

:lol: Nice.

I'm not sure he quite captures the elegant lines of the Heinkel...

GrandDucfixe.jpg

Personally I think the He219 is an awesome looking airframe, with its dual mains and tails, trike gear, and bubble canopy..............combine all that with a variety of cool looking night fighter camos and Im sold.

Im already planning to see how I can replicate the NASM birds camo. :mental:

Brian

I want one of these, and more twins like the B-25 (or better the Lodestar or Hudson). Even if Revell and ZM both do one, it's still good, but there are sure a lot of great possibilities undone or indefinitely on hold.

On the other hand, my stash is way too large as it is... or so my wife tells me. As long as I am selling 1/48 kits, I can get away with picking up some great 1/32 kits, and this one is on the list.

Tnarg

I'd buy them, if I could find them in English. Any chance?

It looks as if "The Grand Duke" ( the He 219 story) is being published in the UK later this year, its up for pre order on Amazon.

41duCmPeIL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm guessing that its all three volumes as its showing the cover to Vol 3.

"Final flight" was published in English a few years ago but is hard to find now but well worth it if you can find a copy as the art is stunning.

It tells seperate stories about the final flights of four pilots of different nationalities including one quite moving story apparently based on an actual letter sent by a Kamikaze to his family before his final mission.

Don't expect "Commando" type stories as these are written for adult readers and can contain both nudity and graphic depictions of violence.

41p4pC1P5L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice now we got two :blink:

I expect the Revell kit wil cost me 55 Euro I can only hope they include a engine.

And I do love the detail of my shinden kit still the others are for me way to expansive.

Maybe the new Europe distributor will get the prices at a nicer level.

Hello Pfuf,

sorry, but Revell will not include an engine (too much parts). The aftermarket has to fill this gap (if you do not need this space for weight), as -surely- for other delicate parts.

I think ZM and RoG will not grab each others water. They are too different in working and buiness. ZM's break-even of sold kits is that low, with such number a proposal for a project would be dismissed at RoG.

ZM announced a A-0 and RoG will launch a A-7. It will be interesting, if a cross-over is possible . . .

Happy modelling

Andreas88

:lol: Nice.

Personally I think the He219 is an awesome looking airframe, with its dual mains and tails, trike gear, and bubble canopy..............combine all that with a variety of cool looking night fighter camos and Im sold.

Brian

You and me both brother.

Hello Pfuf,

sorry, but Revell will not include an engine (too much parts). The aftermarket has to fill this gap (if you do not need this space for weight), as -surely- for other delicate parts.

I think ZM and RoG will not grab each others water. They are too different in working and buiness. ZM's break-even of sold kits is that low, with such number a proposal for a project would be dismissed at RoG.

ZM announced a A-0 and RoG will launch a A-7. It will be interesting, if a cross-over is possible . . .

Happy modelling

Andreas88

Thanks for the feedback on the new Revell 219 Andreas, I can't wait for this one!

I've always thought that RoG have their business plan exactly right for their model kits.

The detailing is in the areas where the observer can see and appreciate it, if the modeler wishes to add additional detail then the AM companies will pounce on it anyway.

The level of pricing to content is normally spot on, and when it's not, is quickly adjusted to grab the sales.

This is clever marketing and a surefire way to get some extra sales.

I seem to recall some years back that Hasegawa went down the 'over engineered' kit route and within a relatively short space of time went back to the original 'basic' designs.

Yes, there's a market there, but it is more limited and in my opinion doesn't allow enough 'breathing space' within the market for larger commercial sales and creating the funds for more investment to grow the business faster.

When I think of RoG I immediately think of value within the product for the price offered!

It's a winning formula in my book, and once again they've become totally fearless in developing larger projects in particular!

The new 1/24 London Bus is fantastic!

I voted RoG as my manufacturer of the year simply because of the breadth of their commitment to our hobby in general.

Apart from Trumpeter I can't think of any other company that can compare in this area, I'd like to say well done to Revell in particular because they really deserve proper recognition for their efforts.

I'm not involved with Revell in any way, just a grateful modeler who loves their kits!! :speak_cool:

Thanks guys, and keep 'em coming!

Roy.

Edited by Royboy