What if? Spitfire

PhilB

...should be made into a group build...anything goes camo.I'm sure your little girl will love it!

Sorry about the off-topic...

But what about a Garfield-Bombcat, or somethong like that! I'd love to see, what would come out!

And @Phil: You made the start! Really great!

Phil, I just dropped my jaw down to the ground. When you started this build I was like "Yeah i saw it all, it's gonna be just another rubber duckie style build" ,i was wrong.... the result is truly an artistic design.Clean and exceptionally original! :m0152: Thanks for sharing.

Martin

Thank you all for the very kind words.

Its been a very refreshing build not having to worry about super detailing and all that nonsense.

We've had some real fun.

Phil - Real nice loving the stars - should make them glow in the dark as well! :D

Thought you might say that you mad Welshman/celtic person of dubious origins! :evil_laugh:

Had I thought about it I might have tried some luminous paint.

Don't want the little one slightly radioactive though, questions might be asked!

My daughter (6 years) said, the spitfire is great... With a smile on her lips!

You are bringing me in serious trouble! I guess the next thing I have to build is "what if" Me 109 or somthing like that... :D

Keep up the great work. WE are loving it!

Thanks Martin, so we may see a pink 109 yet! :evil_laugh:

Let me know if you need any Hello Kitty decals, I've got a few spares!

Well, the architect of this build went back to school today after 6 weeks off so I've managed to finish it.

I've mounted it on an alu rod but I'm waiting for a base to put that in so it can be posed on her dressing table.

I'm hoping to surprise her when she gets home so I'm hoping for a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

The spinner turns to try and avoid breakages although not freely enough for the "in flight" hairdryer shot.

Since the last time I've given it a few coats of MM enamel gloss. (an awful lot actually)

Painted the wingtip lights, dropped in the pilot and done the prop.

The exhausts and spinner are Alclad chrome, which was Brian's idea to give it a bit of "bling"!

Here you are then:

P9073663.jpg

P9073665.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get an update on the verdict when Samantha gets home.

If we get some sunshine I might even do a few decent shots for an RFI thread.

Thanks for looking in.

Superb Phil :thumbsup: I am certain that your daughter will love it (it completely blows my scratch built Shawn the sheep for my daughter's 13th birthday completely clean out of the water...Well done Phil!... :goodjob: ) .

Derek

Edited by Derek B

AWESOME!

Go Sam, go Sam, so Sam...........nice job man! Too bad her pilot cant be leanin out the winder and given em a sign like your F5 driver! :lol:

Cheers, and let us know what Sam thinks!

B

Edited by Out2gtcha