1/32 P-51D Tamiya

rafju

With everything that was written about the other recent 1/32 scale Mustangs, and their incorrect wheelwells and spars, I really can't see Tamiya overlooking it this time. I know their 1/72 and 1/48 weren't right in that regard (jewels that they are otherwise) but I think we can be confident about this one. And it looks from the videos and promotional artwork that the wheelwells are done correctly.

It looks amazing, and maybe we should all buy shares in Alclad!

It's 1/32 scale heaven at the moment, still a few curious ommissions (and I'm sure we all have our pet wish... *cough* Tempest V *cough*) but so much is now available that we would have have never expected. An injection moulded Caudron C.714?! Industry leading and exquisite First World War aircraft from New Zealand?

This Mustang looks every inch as it should...judging from one blurry photo and a shaky video. ;)

Richard

Here is a couple of screen shots...wheel wells look spot on!!!and that engine,simply delightful!! Oh...and the props aren't obverse,he he.

And could someone explain the three different canopies,top right.also the main canopy is one clear piece,windscreen is one clear piece as well,no nasty seam to deal with.

And a quote from HS.."A quick look at the layout of the sprues shows that the wing sprue is devoid of any other parts. The fuselage sprue also seems to be version specific.What does this tell us? That a P-51B/C would certainly be a possibility with just a few new sprues. I think it is not a stretch to think that Tamiya may have already tooled these parts". I agree,looks as if it's engineered so that only a center section of fuselage would be needed for a "B"..plus a new wing.looks marvelous.

0442.jpg

0440.jpg

Edited by williamj

Everything looks magnificent, even different seats and instrument shrouds.

I hate to say it, but in photo #4 does it look like the wing is covered in small rivet indentations?

Oh dear, here we go...

Richard

60322_5-1.jpg

Well...nuts. Looks like a coat or two of Mr. Surfacer will be in order. A small price to pay when you consider how freaking beautiful everything else is.

60322_2.jpg

60322.jpg

60322_8.jpg

Edited by coogrfan

So they are human after all?!

I guess this is the Mustang's wing bulges and cockpit door, if you see what I mean?

Still, looks beautiful, but I'm not sure the after market guys can make resin rivet filler?! Tee hee hee!

Seriously, looks very good indeed and I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket in due course.

does anyone know if the kit comes with bombs, or perhaps more importantly, bomb carriers?

Cheers for posting the pics guys,

Nick

PS one thing I do like is the stand, and at least this time I guess it plugs right into the bottom of the bird, and you don't have to use any ugly slipper tank nastiness!! (Why Tamiya didn't engineer the Spit so the stand could be used without the slipper tank I don't know - such a shame).

Now back to P-51ness!!!

60322_5-1.jpg

This photo looks odd. The flaps look molded up but the built up has dropped flaps.

Hmmmm ... :closedeyes:

They were probably glued that way on purpose the same way as the three .50's in each wing and their associated ammo belts and access door....I doubt they're molded as part of the wing. Photographic/Illustrative purposes only. Oh, and if you fancy the filled/painted wing of the factory fresh Mustang...just fill in the appropriate panel lines and rivets and paint the area silver dope.

Edited by TimC

Please take a look at the date of the input at following forum:

http://www.network54...ing+from+Tamiya!

Did I see rivets on front - laminar part of the wing? :oops:

If I am right, there will be a lot discussions...

That poster was photoshopped and admitted to by the person who did it. I forgot the persons name but he visits here infrequently and I do believe there's a thread about it someplace on this board relatively recently.