1/32 P-51D Tamiya

rafju

PS one thing I do like is the stand, and at least this time I guess it plugs right into the bottom of the bird, and you don't have to use any ugly slipper tank nastiness!! (Why Tamiya didn't engineer the Spit so the stand could be used without the slipper tank I don't know - such a shame).

Now back to P-51ness!!!

60322_5-1.jpg

This photo looks odd. The flaps look molded up but the built up has dropped flaps.

Hmmmm ... :closedeyes:

They were probably glued that way on purpose the same way as the three .50's in each wing and their associated ammo belts and access door....I doubt they're molded as part of the wing. Photographic/Illustrative purposes only. Oh, and if you fancy the filled/painted wing of the factory fresh Mustang...just fill in the appropriate panel lines and rivets and paint the area silver dope.

Edited by TimC

Please take a look at the date of the input at following forum:

http://www.network54...ing+from+Tamiya!

Did I see rivets on front - laminar part of the wing? :oops:

If I am right, there will be a lot discussions...

That poster was photoshopped and admitted to by the person who did it. I forgot the persons name but he visits here infrequently and I do believe there's a thread about it someplace on this board relatively recently.

Hmmmm....the part that I'm finding very interesting is the separate engine/forward fuselage and the separate empennage.... That leads me to think they've engineered this kit to be modified into a B/C at some point in time.

60322_5-1.jpg

Oh man................if.........and I mean IF this is the actual kit version of the wing there are going to be SO many people up in arms. I would guess.

Cause im going to build the HELL out of this thing........even the OTHER "shape of contingency" look as if it has been dealt with; AKA the forward top panel of the cowl from directly behind the prop, to before the windscreen where it takes on a more rounded shape. All other manufacturers seem to put more of an odd rounder shape to this whole forward part, but looks like Tamiya got it right:

LSP_1.jpg

LSP_2.jpg

Discuss.

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

Gorgeous. The anticipation is agonizing. could easily be kit of the decade!

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Only 4 Dave.......I WILL resist any more than 2!???!!?

Its 6 now! Come on Anthony... I know you want more! :wicked:

does anyone know if the kit comes with bombs, or perhaps more importantly, bomb carriers?

I will see if I can get my friend to find out as she is there over the weekend...

ok i am confused

was the rivet-madness wing a photoshop or not

there is so much sarcasm on the hyperscale thread that i have given up trying to understand what's what

please feel free to enlighten me

N

To do the P-51B/C requires totally new fuselage centre section as mentioned, plus new tail, and new nose sections, plus the new wing, and new internals etc. There were many differences. But I hope it will be done.

I also like that the entire windscreen seems to be moulded with the fuselage parts, unlike their 1/48 and 1/72 where one had to glue the clear to the solid parts.

Edited by Alburymodeler

This looks great. Really amazing.

Moeggo,

Is there any chance your friend could snap a closeup of the wing sprue? :please: I think that if there are rivets, that they will be much more restrained on the production kits.

I think that Mr. Tamiya and his company have knocked another one out of the park here.

ok i am confused

was the rivet-madness wing a photoshop or not

there is so much sarcasm on the hyperscale thread that i have given up trying to understand what's what

please feel free to enlighten me

N

No,that picture is on Tamiya's website

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/hobbyshow/news1105/report/news2.htm#60322

Its the 4th linked pic (in Japanese) under the Mustang picture