1/32 P-51D Tamiya

rafju

Hells bells, im not even a "Mustang-head" and I think Ill get two...........one to build OOB as in combat so I can weather some foil..........and a second as "Quick Silver" resto bird, so I can POLISH some more foil like Dixie Boy!

2674885475_c93783401b_b.jpg

Brian

Hells bells, im not even a "Mustang-head" and I think Ill get two...........one to build OOB as in combat so I can weather some foil..........and a second as "Quick Silver" resto bird, so I can POLISH some more foil like Dixie Boy!

Brian

Oh you could make that sparkle...jump on it.

For me...gotta have a blue nose..thinking Col. Joe L Mason's "THIS IS IT"

And for the "B" when it comes(and it will) "Princess Elisabeth"

Edited by williamj

Hey Brian,

Scooter Yoak and his dad Bill are good friends of mine. I really enjoyed watching your build of Dixie Boy because I want to do a Quick Silver build for them. If you have never met them, they are fantastic folks. Also, I have a few photos of QS if you need ref pix.

v/r,

David

Hey Brian,

Scooter Yoak and his dad Bill are good friends of mine. I really enjoyed watching your build of Dixie Boy because I want to do a Quick Silver build for them. If you have never met them, they are fantastic folks. Also, I have a few photos of QS if you need ref pix.

v/r,

David

COOOOOL! Its a beautiful machine!!! From what Ive heard they are the very BEST kind of people. :D I have quite a few pics of QS so far including that highly modified interior.....but would always love more. The finish on Dixie boy turned out so well and unusual looking that I think a machine like QS could be just as if not more impressive covered in highly polished kitchen foil. :D

My first will be the yellow nosed "Jasper Joker" - prob by Zotz

e9-vbarpro.jpg

Ads

Nice one..................I think I too will be doing my first Tam 51 with a Zotz decal set.

They do look nice. For foil decals work excellent, and ive used Elis decals on my Mk XIV, and they worked awesome, and were nice and thin.

I think my first will be Ed McComas mount -

aircraft_p-51d.mustang_mccomas.jpg

49.jpg

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

What a truly amazing thread... Reading through it is like watching a bunch of really excited kids all bursting at the seams to get into a highly rated movie or open their special birthday present, and I have to say I'm just as excited too having eventually bought a copy of the Tamiya Mk XI Spit after thinking it was too expensive but I waivered only after our LHS dealer phoned me to say he had a spare one left over from the original order and would I be interested. The cunning blighter must have known it was my birthday as had it not been I wouldn't have bought it - but am dam pleased I as it really is the best kit by my reckoning. So if the P51 is anywhere as good, I'll be in for one each if they do a B and a D. Well done Tamiya and too excited to think of a scheme just yet...

Rgds Brent

Here's the one I'm going to be doing!

Bummer - Just got the Hasegawa P-51D as a gift, purchased a cockpit for it now Tamiya pulls this doh.gif. Now I have to figure out if I'm gonna do Happy Jack's Go Buggy with the Hasegawa or wait for the Tamiya kit. Decisions decisions frantic.gif

44-74452_20_mv1.jpg

Edited by maamold

Bummer - Just got the Hasegawa P-51D as a gift, purchased a cockpit for it now Tamiya pulls this doh.gif. Now I have to figure out if I'm gonna do Happy Jack's Go Buggy with the Hasegawa and wait for the Tamiya kit. Decisions decisions frantic.gif

44-74452_20_mv1.jpg

must admit i like invasion stripes and i REALLY like the squiggly OD aft of the cockpit

a lovely looking bird