My 13 year old sons work

Phartycr0c

Hi all, I must say im proud to submit this for your viewing.

My 13 year old son recently "pestered" me for a larger scale Huey to build. Now I must say that his and his brothers bedroom resembles the Davis Monthan of unassembled albeit smaller kits, so you can imagine my reluctance when we were at RIAT, he spied this 1/35 Dragon offering, including the PE.

Following several pretty pleases and promises to complete I relented an bought the said kit with a lot, and i mean a lot of trepidation. Its very expensive to be sat incomplete.

Im glad to say however that he was true to his word and finished it (well almost) and here it is.

DSC_9901.jpg

DSC_9905.jpg

DSC_9906.jpg

DSC_9909.jpg

DSC_9912.jpg

DSC_9907.jpg

Yes there are a couple of mistakes which will no doubt be spotted and despite a little help here and there I think he has done the kit proud.

To finish the "what can be achieved" lesson I have showed my lad all of your very encouraging replies and he is made up! Thanks to all.

Basically We covered all the bases in terms of techniques that I use. We went through paint mixing and airbrushing , a little pre shading and washing. however that was for the outside, up to that point Josef completed the interior including crew, PE belts and consoles, hand painted with Citadel acrylics and washed with mud brown.

The outside was painted with a mix of Humbrol enamels and Citadel washes and with the exception of a couple of "too close" blobs which I covered up it was mostly his own work.

I applied the nose decal as he was too nervous but the rest were applied by Jo including the blade tip decals and Army markings. PS there are fingerprints on one of the door glass panels but they dont show up that badly.

Thanks again all.

Your son has done a great job on the helo! Well done to him.

I'm sure he must have a name though, so what is it?

Let's get him on here, as I'm sure he'd enjoy the experience.

Yep sorry folks, stoopid of me of course, His name is Josef and I will speak to him about joining as his modelling interest spans loads of areas and subject matter im sure hell be along shortly...

Congratulations to Josef on completing an outstanding model (I certainly could not produce one to that standard at 13 years old...The scale alone would have frightened me to death!). Along with Keith's son (Markus), we seem to be gaining a healthy addition of young blood to our hobby, so I am absolutly delighted to see such work - My thanks to the both of you for sharing the pictures.

Regards

Derek

thank you very much guys you really know how to make someone very proud. I really hope I can keep these standards up with future models thanks ever so much again you really make me feel proud.

Thanks again guys

Josef

P. S cant wait for you to see my brothers work.