P-51B Mustang

big matt

What are you using for glue? i am having some trouble with gluing resin.

Chris

Thanks so much for the nice comments guys! I really appreciate it!

Chris, I am using a couple thicknesses of CA. The green Zap a gap stuff and the faster, thinner red bottle. I also use an accelerator in a small dispenser bottle to really screw things up fast. You have to get the resin really clean with soap and water. The mold release agents can play havoc with paint and glue. Any contaminants on the surface will cause problems. I think some guys use 5 minute epoxy. I am too sloppy for that. :BANGHEAD2:

Oh well, back to sanding and test fitting.

I took the plunge. The fear of closing this thing up has gripped me for a couple of days so I just did it. It turned out ok so I can relax, just a bit.

Looks like a Mustang to me.

mustang7001.jpg

Panic time with the vac canopy but it seemed to work out ok.

mustang7004.jpg

mustang7005.jpg

On a roll now. I offset the flying surfaces a bit. It relaxes me when they are dropped. Don't ask.

mustang7006.jpg

The radiator vents will need a bit of work but not a big deal.

mustang7007.jpg

The brass air inlet is a nice touch on this kit.

mustang7009.jpg

All squeezed together.

mustang7011.jpg

mustang7013.jpg

That's it for now.

Wheel wells next...

Looks like a Mustang to me........

Me too!

I think your right........it does! Looks killer.......I do like the look of the brass for the air inlet instead of just a resin or injected piece in there.

Keep up the good work and the cool pics! :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Brian

Alright!! :doh: . Thanks for the tip Matt. I screwed around with epoxy and made a mess with the resin but never occured to me to use CA . Oh man. dries fast , compared to the epoxy - and CLEAN - i don 't have to use the accelerator .. yet! Gotta get used to the "speed" . Thanks a bunch. saved me a lot of sorrow.

The Mustang looks excellent . it's always been in my "to do next " project . maybe now i'll start. Keep it uP . People depend on YOu!

Regards,

Chris

Oh yeah, I'm liking that a bunch. I just can't look at it too long because I've decided to do another radial engine'd aircraft for my next project and I feel the "Stang factor pulling at me. :doh: Must...(unf) resist inline engine...attraction :frantic: