Revell's 1/32 Ju 88A-1

RandyB

Mine is on pre-order from Hannants at the bargain, though full recommended, price of £29.99!! And it will hopefully be available to pick up at Telford (fingers crossed). Interesting comparison to the Dragon 110 which Hannants retails at £79.99 - not making anything other than a price comparison here as I have seen neither of these in the flesh (though chances are a set of Jumo engines and associated bits would set you back most of the price difference when Aires gets around to making them......).

Matt

I really can't see how you could be surprised by that...

Kev

Kev,

You have to realize that I am familiar mostly with the Revell offerings of the 1960-1980's era.

Also, this kit is by Revell/Germany, not Revell /USA.

Also, I have been living in a one room cabin lost in the woods and have not kept up with things, in general. :rolleyes:

Tell me, have we won the Korean war yet?. :rolleyes:

Eisenhower is still our president, right? :rolleyes:

I am definately going to get one of these. I'm blown away by this kit, and the sheer size will annoy my wife :)

What where the other differences between this and the A-4 variant, as I'd like to build the machine with 2 rear facing cockpit guns.

Cheers,

Jim

I don't know if my computer's playing up again but that page keeps coming up as not displayed for me. Is that the sprue shots which are on that site or is it a built up example?

The page in question shows more than a dozen color photos of a (very beautiful!) built-up example, during and after construction. The following should whet your appetite:

Rev_Details_Ju88A-1_26.jpg

Try clicking on this link instead — and if that doesn't work either, try clearing your computer's cache.

Charles Metz

Absolutely stunning :blink:

That pit is a work of art. Really would be interesting to see what an Eduard 'take' on it would be.

Jim

I can't imagine much beyond some color PE instrument panels. It's a brilliant cockpit OOB!

The page in question shows more than a dozen color photos of a (very beautiful!) built-up example, during and after construction. The following should whet your appetite:

Rev_Details_Ju88A-1_26.jpg

Try clicking on this link instead — and if that doesn't work either, try clearing your computer's cache.

Charles Metz

Thanks for the advice and picture of the cockpit Charles. No luck with the links and cache I'm afraid and I think I'm going to have to re-install Windows as links on other sites aren't working with me either. It hasn't been right for a while.

Anyway, went over to Hyperscale and what can I say.... looks like a beauty from those pics. The cockpit has to be one of the most detailed I've ever seen straight from the box. I also think that maybe the A1 has the nicest lines of all the 88's and Revell look like they've captured it well.