Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

No problem with masking over. I used a high quality painterstape called Tesa.It´s almost tamyiastuff, to stay on the safe path I´ll first the piece of tape to hand, just to reducing the stickyness from it and then masked of the areas. After paint I pulled the tape slow and easy away from the Alclad. I guess if you ripp the tape off, there will be chippings you don´t want.

Larsa

Hi Folks

I’ve got the Kansas Tornado on the wheels for this Photosession. I’m almost done with all D-day stripes. This took longer time then I expected. This builds is running on overtime for me, my plans was to get done in eight weeks but No sir why you ask? I´ve usually got this habit to get plenty of unfinished builds around me, and to change this bad habit I´ve started to give me deadlines, no rush but get it finished before you start up something new (can almost hear my wife about slaying money on stalled projects)

JNLMCPLQORHRM0.jpg

JNLMCPMQJQLRF8.jpg

JNLMCPORPMOON0.jpg

JNLMCPPNKQNML4.jpg

The wheels from Contact resine is just what this one needs, sadly I´ve only got the set without covers,so perhaps I´ll replace them with a set off covered wheels.

Larsa

Looking good Larsa!

Having deadlines set for your builds sounds like a good idea. I might try that myself, and perhaps get something more done. I've turned up the speed on my 262 though :)

Keep up the good work!

Azgaron

Final chapter lads, final chapter. I´m in to the decals :) .

JNLMCQQOCPPRO0.jpg

The canopys is washed and had there swing in Johsson floorpolish. Tomorrow the masking and paint will go on.The some more of all these decals.

this is all for tonight, I´m going too see some icehockey

until next....

Larsa

Looks great Larsa!

I have one question, as I have understod it there are no problems applying decals straight on alclad, but what about protection? Can you paint a clear cote over the alclad without destroying the metalic sheen?

Azgaron

Thanks guys for your support and nice words.

Azgaron, I can’t give you a precise answer to your question. On IPMS-Sweden forum the lads are just discussing this subject for the moment. It seams that it two kinds of schools here. The first one says that any clear coat on the Alclad or metalizer will kill the NMF effect, the other side tells me that the coat of clear is a must for the decals. So for me this Jug is the first project there I´ve used lots of Alclad, so for me its trail and error I think. Hopefully there is some other more skilful friends from this lovely forum reading this and can give us more flesh on the bones.

The only advice I can give is if you going to use clearcoats, never go for Humbrols clearcoat. That tin is not transparent, it’s more of a amber tone. I’ve seen it on other models that people have built and it don´t look good.

On this build I´ve tried to get the undercoat as gloss as possible and hope that the Alclad is gloss enough for the decals to stay in place. But when I’m coming to the tiny stencils I´ve understand that this will give me trouble…

Larsa

This is looking great!

I'm of the NMF school that says clear coats are not to be feared! I used 4-5 future coats on my latest P-47 shown below in my sig. I employed them purposly to control sheen and depth of shine and it was easy.

How did the LSP decals perform? Did you use the dry transfers? How did they do?

Again, looking great!!!