Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

Hello all

Even though I am still in the middle of my Hasegawa Bubble Top build I have also bought the Trumpeter Razorback version. Now I am trying to find more infos and pics of two planes, both of the 58th FG 310th FS. They are "Pioneer Paggy" as pictuerd in color in the fabulous Jeff Ethell book about the pacific war birds and "Passionate Patsy" of the same squadron. Are decals of one of the birds availabe and does anybody have additional infos and pics please?

thanks

Uwe

Hi

Is there anyone who can explain how the linkage to the cowlingflaps is operated and how the linkage look like? I’m in for the opening flaps for the engine and can’t find any sharp pics of these details.

Cheers

Lars Q

Cockpit almost finished almost everything is painted and weathered. Will assembly the office this weekend. I’m going too use Mike’s instrument decals and Eduards Seatbelts. The acetatefilm you got from Trumpeter is a very nice thing, but the transparent panel has sadly not clear lenses for it so you can’t see the instruments as clear as you would like to. Eduards belt are much better then the kits.

JNKNRREQEMEQL0.jpg

JNKNRREMFQDMC8.jpg

JNKNRRDOLNNNP4.jpg

JNKNRRCQQRLPM8.jpg

Lars

I tried to resist but now I have no choice but to buy the kit.

When my girlfriend asks where the money went I'll blame it on you Lars! :P

That works for me too my friend,my girlfriend is angry at some modeller in the UK :rolleyes:

Lars

Hi folks

I’m back to the hobby bench again. Last week, I’ll spending time with lots of glue and wallpaper (what a boring work that is).I have got the seat belts in place (used Eduards US set 32 506) and going to add some cables in the back of the instrument panel.

I used Mike Grants instrument decal for WW2 aircraft on the panel. Last thing is to paint the sight and give the interior a satin finish with the airbrush.

JNKPDQRRPRKNH0.jpg

JNKPDQRNRNNPC0.jpg

JNKPDRCNLNEPL8.jpg

Later this week I’ll get the fuselage halves together with some glue, then is the downhill race to the paintboth.

For this time

Cheers

Larsa

Hi

It’s time to show you what’s been done on the Razorback.

The wheel bays is painted up, no extra details have been added on this one. Trumpeters have the fine pipes and stuff in the bays.

JNKPHRLRJPGML4.jpg

The fuselage halves are glued together and there was a god fit after that I´ve sanded of some material from the interior diameter. I did paint some oilpaint the interior tubs and duct at an early stage. After pressing the halves together the paint told me ware to sand of. No Hi-tech, but it did the job.

JNKPHPLRNSEME8.jpg

JNKPHPMPIPRPN4.jpg

The gun bay in one wing is going to open so I´ve started detailing up that one. There is some more paint add wires do add.

JNKPHRMNERHMK0.jpg

The wings is now in place so it’s starting to look like an aircraft so the rest of this evening I will do some filling and sanding on the gaps between the wing and fuselage. I’ll going to use Milliput for this job. Milliput will give me to sculpt the filling so there will be as little sanding as possible

JNKPHRNQNPEMG0.jpg

JNKPHROMIRFMF8.jpg

Cheers

Larsa