Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

Here are some pics from the paintshop. The Rback got its first coat of paint. I’ll used Humbrol grey 7 as primer. This will be the basecolour for the finishing Alclad when it’s time for that. I´ve just spotted some minor jobs to refill in the seam on the belly and a nasty superglue mess on one of the flaps

The nice things with primer is that you still got time to correct all flaws :(

JNKQMQOQQRHSF8.jpg

JNKQMQPOLQQPK0.jpg

The prop is almost done, just needing some minor silverchippings and a shot of silverpaint on it´s center. Nextthing to deal with is the gears. The wheels are from Contact resine

JNKQMQQSFMMMC0.jpg

Until next time

cheers

Larsa

Guest canuck63

Larsa,

your base coat's cleaner than the Boards of Health.....the Alclad will thank you :P !Further,you've chosen a great,neutral base coat.....can't wait!

Cheers

Manny

“your base coat's cleaner than the Boards of Health”

That’s a good one Manny Have you seen there’s closet?

Now pushing on with the basecolour. I gave some panel a lighter shade off a mix with Humbrol grey 7 and some gloss white. Hopefully this will give me enough change in the basecolour so the panels will have some lighter tones. This is an experiment, Don´t know if it’s going to work, my guess is that I’ll will later on.

JNKREPCNIQKMG8.jpg

JNKREPCPINJNI8.jpg

The next experiment is for the D-day stripes on the upperside of the fuselage. I have done the black bands on gloss black and will do the white/grey mix on the others.

JNKREPCRHQMOL0.jpg

JNKREPDNDNLPN4.jpg

JNKREPEONNQOF0.jpg

JNKREPEQMRDPI4.jpg

The progress is slow at the moment just waiting for the paint to dry, but this gives me time to plan the next project and take care of the little bits that needs to be finished until the final stage of assembly the whole bird.

I’m going to order a new set of decals from Techmod to get some new and hopefully better insignia decal to use on this one. Is there anyone who can tell if Techmod are good or bad?

To next update

Larsa

Larsa, have just used techmod decals on my hellcat and found them to be terrific, applied them over future, pressed them down with a hot flannel and then applied Mr Mark Softer. They sank into all the detail with no problems apart from where one decal had to go over a circular raised plate. This took a bit of coaxing

Hope this helps you. I have been following you build with interest as I have that one to do next.

Regards

Bruce

Guest canuck63

"Here's looking at you,Jug!",As Bogey would have said!MAGNIFICENT,CLEAN build Larsa.....I alredy have a picture of this baby in NMF here in my mind....many different shades of aluminum on the wings and airframe....heavy weathering as it would be the case for a Jug taking off/landing on Normandy's muddy airstrips(in spite of the PSP)...go for it Larsa :) :( ;) ;)

Manny

Hi

No work for me today, so I will give you guys some more updates. I used up one bottle off Alclad on this Jug, but it’s still areas to be covered. When dry tonight I’ll l give it a session more off the dark aluminium. So tomorrow I’ll come back from work and see that’s its look like.

The camera went nuts on this when trying to take some pics <_<

JNKRGNLQFMEQR4.jpg

JNKRGNLSEPJMM0.jpg

JNKRGNMNQMJOK8.jpg

JNKRGNMRPMOMF0.jpg

This Alclad was almost a new one for me, never used so much on a model at one time. I must say I was little surprised how it turned out. Shiny as H fourletter.

So now it will get some different shades to give it more features. Then it’s the weathering deal with.

Larsa

Guest canuck63

Hi Larsa,

looks like your Jug's turning into a little marvel!I hope your first time with Alclads has been a very enjoyable one but....have you really used a WHOLE bottle of whatever shade you've chosen on your P47 <_< ?Sounds like you've given the model quite a few very coats of the stuff....nothing wrong with that,providing you lightly mist the stuff in order to avoid areas of wet Alclad that could eat thru the base coat(if it's not an acrylic!) into the plastic!

Beware....if you lay too thick a coat you run the risk of chipping it...like it's happened on my first "Alclad" kit!

When masking panels use Post-its cut to shape...the glue is not very strong and the risks to peel off the metal coat are reduced to the max(always loved the SMART advert!:( )...Maskol works great too if you work on small inspection panels standing proud,like the ones on the Hayate.Alclad shades can be mixed and very interesting effects could be obtained by mixing them and/or adding a few drops of the transparent colors into your airbrush cup!You could even add those transparent color to the transparent medium,but remember to practice on a scrap piece of plastic first!

Cheers

Manny

To Azgaron

Vem är du då? :blink:

Who are you then? :blink:

To Many

I´m not afraid for the Jug,There´s aluminium particels all over the workshop at this moment :P Almost christmasfeeling <_<

have just masked two panels and gentley shaded them with a mix off Alclad Dark aluminium and a tiny drop of Hombrol black.

More pics comming this way

Larsa