Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

Guest canuck63

Godkväll Larsa,

sorry for hijacking your thread but I just wanted to show you that with Alclads you can obtain very interesting finishes...J-Birds were rather dull when compared to shiny Mustangs and T-Bolt...so I'm sure that we'll need shades when you'll post pictures of your finished model :P ;) :lol: :lol: !

Cheers

Manny

post-413-1193415522.jpg

Godkväll Larsa,

sorry for hijacking your thread but I just wanted to show you that with Alclads you can obtain very interesting finishes...J-Birds were rather dull when compared to shiny Mustangs and T-Bolt...so I'm sure that we'll need shades when you'll post pictures of your finished model :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: B) !

Cheers

Manny

Wow, that is really good and effective! How many shades have you got on there?

-Al

Guest canuck63

Al and Larsa,

many thanks for your comments,buds :D !Yes Larsa...this is one of my three NMF Ki-84...the only one I've still got pictures of....the three of them have been given as special Christmas presents to my best friends and my ex girlfriend who has been asking for a model for ages!

Al..I really don't know how many shades have been given to this model...I only know that I kept on misting just about any Alclad shade until I was satisfied with the final result!If you're not too heavy-handed you can literally mist shade after shade for a whole day(and for good part of the night too!) until you achieve a result that really pleases you!Beware though...if you spray Chrome,Stainless Steel and Polished Aluminum make sure you won't either stick anyting to it or handle it too much for these shades won't adere very well on other Alclad shades...I've sorta solved the problem by spraying a light protective coat of Alclad's own transparent medium.but even in this case refrain from sticking anything whose glue's too strong to it,such as Montex Masks et al for example!Even the frisket I've used to paint the Hinomarus(no decals have been used on my model-s) lifted the ultra-light coat of polished aluminum I had misted on the white aluminum used on the fuselage :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: !

Weathering(not present on the model at the time this photo had been taken!),exhaust stains and stuff,read caked mud inside the wheel covers and splattered on the undersurface,have been done with a slurry made of powders(aka pig-ments :lol: ) mixed with windex and applied with the airbrush and a stiff brush...rivets and panels have been enhanced with diluted Citadel inks(black,dark brown and chestnut) and with the above-mentioned slurry,the excess being easily cleaned away with a piece of BONE DRY tissue.Everything's been sealed with a very light coat of Alclad's transparent medium!

Alclad's the best invention after sliced breadbut it requires a little practice imo...it's even too easy to apply but that ain't enough!

I LOVE your P47 so far Larsa...take your time,spend a few days until you'll get the finish you're after and remember that with a few drops you'll go a loooong way ;) !

Cheers

Manny

Hi

A Ki 84 went all the way up on the wish list after seen that pics Manny. And I´ve still got loads of learning from you and all other as well to get up to that level. Do not take this negative, that’s what modelling is about, always trying to do better

On the big Jug I´ve had a chance to shut some photos in daylight, so here they are. At the moment I’m working on the D-day stripes on the belly side, more pics will come this way.

JNKRKQKPJNMRI8.jpg

JNKRKQLRDOROO0.jpg

JNKRKQLPDRONP4.jpg

A new set of decals is ordered from Techmod to get some better insignia than the Trumpeters (They looking odd)

cheers

Larsa

Guest canuck63

Larsa,

I'm sure that your Jug will turn into a little marvel ;) ;) ;) ;take your time and study each and every panel...choose a shade and have a go!Of course....you can't turn it into a patchwork,but even the slightest of variations will add interest!I'm going to use Techmods too on my Hellcat(when it'll be finished,i.e. in 2035!)....they look very good even if I've heard all kinds of stories about them!

Keep up the good work and don't be shy....post close-up piccies of details <_< <_< <_< B)

Cheers

Manny

Hi Folks

Today’s session was to paint up the White stripes on the underside of the wings and belly. I used Humbrol gloss white mixed with some Humbrol Natural wood. The Humbrol white is just too white in y taste, so by adding some brown into it I´ve took out a little off that brightness that tin has. I’ll have never use up so much masking tape on one build before in my life, so that company will have a Happy hour or two. :blink: So here you have the result for today.

Manny, you wanted some close-ups, you’ve got them here :blink:

JNKRPOFPQQFRJ0.jpg

JNKRPOGNLRGME0.jpg

JNKRPOGPLOMML8.jpg

JNKRPOHRFQMON0.jpg

Larsa