Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

• 2 weeks later...

All the gaps and imperfections are almost finished of, so the first coat of paint will go on. The panel just in front of the tailfin is not good, so I had to fix this with some Milliput, On the pics there’s a stretched sprue glued in place to give me some guideline for the filler.

JNKQEPKNPMLRM8.jpg

Had to shorten the air intake just a little to fit the enginecowl on the bird. Also the cowling was just a little to short, so this was fixed with plasticard.

JNKQEMIOFMIRC8.jpg

A lots of rivets that’s was lost in the sanding of the seams are redone with a thick needle. The Olfa cutter was used to rescrubs some of the panel lines.

JNKQCQFNJPIQR4.jpg

Now it´s start to look real migthy cthis Razor.

JNKQEPHOQOKOP8.jpg

JNKQEPJQENNQR4.jpg

Larsa

Guest canuck63

Hi Lars,

having bought the kit myself I'm following your thread with great interest but there's a question I'd love to ask and nothing has to do with your great build; why don't you upload pictures straight from your PC rather than using a host?It takes ages for them to show and some don't show altogether, and in this year of 2007 there are still Neanderthals (like me ;) ) who have a very fast connection in their offices(but cannot follow these great threads there! :lol: ) and a slow dial-up at home where you start the PC and let it do the rest while you're sipping on your coffee :rolleyes: !

I like the way she's coming along...a very clean build and just like you I'm going to finish her in NMF!Are you going to leave the rivets and panel lines as they are or are you going to make them less evident with a coat or two of primer?

Cheers

Manny

Hi Manny

The only reason for me to upload to a host is that the Swedish IPMS forum needs a host for the pictures. You see I run the same build in Swedish on that site, but off course I’ll do that next update.

When this build is done I’ll probably going over to that other side of LSP, The”silent reading type” off the membership. My language skills is not up the job of sending in pictures and tell you guys what I’m doing, so why waist the space and time with that.

Those rivets are indeed something to talk about, I going to airbrush one coat of Humbrol gloss grey to the fuselage and another coat of gloss clear, so that will bring them down a bit. Personally I must say that I’m not that scared of these rivets, you could sanding them down a bit, but without them the model in this scale going to look rather plain.

Thanks Manny for your comments.

Larsa

Guest canuck63

Hiya Larsa,

now I see...sorry for asking mate :blink: !I LOVE your build and I also think that on such a big bird in this scale these rivets are a "must" to give the finished model a more convincing look!I'm going to do the same thing as you're planning,i.e. to make them less pronounced with a coat or two of primer!

Can't wait to see it finished!

Cheers

Manny

Hi Larsa

"When this build is done I’ll probably going over to that other side of LSP, The”silent reading type” off the membership. My language skills is not up the job of sending in pictures and tell you guys what I’m doing, so why waist the space and time with that."

Don't knock yourself with regard to your language skills. I work with people here in England who can't write English as well as you! Your photographs are good quality and the description is enough for us to tell what you're up to. So don't disappear after this build - not on account of interest in your builds anyway. By the way, you've had nearly 4000 views - that's pretty good in my book.

The build is very nice. I'm thinking of getting one of these to do in captured Luftwaffe colours.

Matt

Silent Reading...oh hell no.Your English is just fine.In fact it's folks from all over the globe that makes this site or any other site work.You have to have different views and modelling habits to learn from.It's all good lad so stick around...cheers

Guest canuck63

I 1000% agree with Matt and Dave......please don't disappear after this build and show us more of your great modeling skills!Hey....that's not an excuse to rest on your laurels...is it :lol: :lol: :lol: ?I've told you once and I'll tell you again....I can't wait to see your RBack finished...I'm very partial to NMF finishes and I'm sure you'll do a hell of a job with this one!4000 visits........................that should speak volumes and talk you into staying here ;) ;) ;) ;) !

Cheers

Manny

Guest canuck63

I've read that you use a lenght of stretched sprue to help you and placing the putty where it's needed.....NEATO!ou can't possibly leave bringing with you these little tricks...can you :lol: ?Do you only use milliput(looks like "white" Milliput from the pictures!) or do you use other filler as well?

Cheers

Manny

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the kind worlds, I´ve got the hidden handicap Dyslexic so the worlds and letters just jumping around on my paper from time to time, that leave me to the biggest challenge of modern modelbuilding “joining the internet club” That’s the tuff nut to crack.

Manny you ask about fillers.

I often use Milliput, which is the best of the most filler in my view. The other filler I use is an acryl filler (1Component) called Hagmans here in Sweden. The Hagmans filler is similar to Squadron putty and work well with Nail Polish Remover (NRP). I never liked that sanding bit, so by removing the excess filler with a Q-tip moistened with NPR leaves me to almost zero sanding after.

The third filler I’m using is Gunzes Mr Surfacer. Also this one with NPR I don´t know if you have used it,

I always try to get the right filler for the job, and often Milliput is the one my hand reaches for. The Milliput gives you the possibility to sculpt new pieces thick or thin, you can roll it out to paper thickness and use it as seatbelt material when half dry.

Just love that stuff. Mixed with some talcum powder, so you don´t have to peal it of your fingers instead of the model. When you need that stickiness again just moisten it with some water and it’s get sticky again. I used it at the wing rots where there was a tiny gap to fill, so with a hobbyknife I pressed down the putty in the gap the way from the front to the back. When the putty was still not hardened I took it to the kitchen sink and wet sanded it with my finger. The prints on the finger working as the sandingpaper and the water to rinse away excess putty. When this is done leave it to dry for an hour and half.

If you mix too much Milliput at the same time, just roll it into a ball or bead and put it in the freezer. When you needing putty for a new job just get that bead of putty from the freezer and defrost it over the worklamp until it’s getting soft.

Didn’t mean to give you a lesson here, but my son came around and helped me with the text.

For the moment the Razorback is painted Humbrol gloss 7 grey, this will be the basecolour/primer under the Alclad, so tomorrow I’ll check it out ones again for bad spots. More pics is coming your way Guys.

Thanks again

Larsa