Trumpeters P-47

Qvarre

Hi Manny

That’s the way I’m working on now. Yesterday I was eyeballing on the “Pandora” ( My vacuumbox) , thinking just in this way. Why not use the broken canopy as a master for a vac, the canopy is useless anyway.

The work tonight is therefore to glue the canopy and fill the inside with Milliput to strengthen it. I did get hold of some translucent plastic at the work today. I will test this clear sheet of food wrappings tomorrow to see if I can heat it up and it still is translucent.

Then there is a bit of light in the dark tunnel anyway, and it’s not the train this time. Today I´ve got an answer from Trumpeter. They say if I enclose 10 US dollar in an envelope and send this too them they will send a replacement canopy to me. This time I will test this just to learn what’s going to happen. So hopefully this will get me a master for Razorback canopies and a replacement canopy from Trumpeter. Maybe this is a Win, win situation

Cheers

Larsa

Guest canuck63

That sounds real GREAT Larsa :)!I Trump-hope you'll get your Trump-canopy Trump-soon :P !Meanwhile you can practice a bit with Pandora (don't tell your wife that you're having fun with Panny ,though :P !) and see how those vac canopies turn out and have a go at Mr.Surfacer frames in the process!

I'm really,really glad to know that the light at the end of the tunnel is not the train...in pure Wil-e-coyote style...you're a very funny guy ;) ;) :lol: !

Cheers

Manny

Workbench disaster

Hi Lads

In the middle of the work masking of the canopy my reflexes start to work against me. What’s happening is that the canopy falls of my fingers and the reflexes kicking in and trying to catch the falling canopy. My left hand crushes the thin canopy in two pieces against my leg. Do I need to tell you what words that slipped out from me?

Okay for now I going to mail Hobby Easy and Trumpeter to try to get an replacement canopy, Hell

Still I´m angry :angry: :angry: :angry:

Larsa

I am sorry to hear that Larsa,

Does anyone make an A/M canopy for the old Revell offereing? maybe this is an option?

By the way I swear by this canopy from squadron on accuracy. It's the best. That said I have not test fitted it to the trumpy kit so I do not know if it'll work. I know it fits the revell kit perfectly, but it was not even close on the Redux test shot.