Fw-190 A8 R/2 Sturmbock "Yellow 17" - JG 3 - FIN!!

Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Well done and well earned. As I always say, the cream rises to the top. Congratulations ... and well deserved. Any of your four gorgeous builds could/should have stolen the show.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Thanks Pete!

Well as planned I kicked into high gear on this one fellas.........................

I mixed up a batch of my recent favorite rock solid epoxy solution JB Weld to get the gear attached:

DSC02799.jpg

If you guys havnt used this stuff its quite amazing as far as its ability to not only form a rock solid bond, but remain flexible and not brittle, enough that whatever you glue stays like that permanently through all kinds of environments and handling

Got the gear glued on and braced:

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

Then I ran the brake lines, gave her, her Mk 108 fangs, and added the bracing actuator arms along with a few Scale hardware nuts that I later painted RLM 02:

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

I also finished up the canopy, including the armored headrest retaining wires, and internal antenna pulley:

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

You can see in these how the internal section of the aerial antenna rolls over the pulley and to the fixed antenna base behind the armored seat-back:

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

After the JB Weld hardened off, I repainted and weathered the turtle-deck, and applied the stationary internal antenna base plate, and added some lead wire for the wire lead into the cockpit from the aerial antenna:

DSC02797.jpg

AND ON TO THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................................

WOW Brian........

That is AWESOME Detailing.......Just lovit.. Just lovit....effective, ellegant, looks great.....

/Mal

Beautiful build--actually, builds.

That FW 190A8/R2 is beautifully detailed (the canopy is fantastic) and finished...thank you for providing such a great overall model-building tutorial. Excellence...

Greg

Major congrats on the well deserved awards bubba.

That biplane is sweet. I totally loved the interior detail on the 190 canopy. That has always been one of my pet peaves as in 1/32 and above the inside of canopies usually gets ignored by most modelers but in the big scales,it shouldn't be ignored!!!  Nice!!!

Another very minor point on these late war 190s is the outer wing gun bulges on the upper surface installed for both the 20 and 30 mm guns. The kit part has a very seriously over thick flange on the bottom mating surface. Makes it look like an armoured piece or whatnot. In real life this was very thin and I would recomend sanding the flange off and replacing with maybe 10thou sheet plastic?

I thought you of all people would want some honest advice here instead of just yes yes.... great job,awesome,etc?

Because it is...awesome that is.

J

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  Sorry for the late thanks on this, as I sometimes overlook the easiest of things, and thats responding and thanking the people that take time to post.

Much appreciated!!!

Heres the final RFI linkie:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=50054&do=findComment&comment=558580

Ill probably take this one to our "Omacon 2014" in June along with my next project if I can get it finished...................BIG IF.

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...