My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

that Shoki is really startin to pop Dale!

Cheers Shawn.

No luv for the 109? :(

;)

Looking good, love the 109 and especially the unusual markings on your Shoki.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy.

Would you believe I was spraying the wheel wells of the Shoki at 2.00 am?

As for the markings, there's only 6. So an easy job. My plan is where possible, to place any aeroplane in markings other than that of the country of origin. French markings for a Bearcat, Aussie for a P40, British for a 109 etc.

That's my plan to be original anyway.

As one wise soul once said: "If you can't be good, be different."

nice paint work :popcorn:

Mark

Thanks Mark. I owe a great deal to the members here at the site. I'm still fumbling my way through. Wolf Harvey and Kev all helped me yesterday with a question I had on the subject. :)

It's now 6.46 am. First thing to do is finish my very strong coffee, have a shower and then wipe of the excess wash from Shaka, the triceratops. Saw my Shoki G Factor legs and paint them....

I am then going to put an exhaust stain on the Shoki using pastels. So far it has a very light airbrushed stain. I have a photo on my PC of a Shoki with a very heavy stain over natural metal. I wish to replicate that. I am curious to note the difference pastels makes compared to the airbrushed stain on the 109.

It's teeming with rain outside so I've no plan other than to model. I need to also find some 109 parts for my Hasegawa K4 and G14. I cannot find the pits. They are in a box somewhere.... :)

Work continues on those 109 builds. I love Japanese aeroplanes so much I got a little sidetracked. :)

Hi guys.

Work has slowed down considerably. Problems with the brain. Seeing a neurologist soon. I've not been posting as a result. I leave this message because a member was concerned. I am okay. Just unsure where my brain went. :D

The 109 is being ever so slowly decaled. The Shoki is being aged to match a photo I found on Pinterest. And Shaka the dinosaur is also slowly coming along.

20170321_052827_zpsedin8pil.jpg

20170321_052922_zps80qvqwqh.jpg

20170321_053019_zpscr2l1cff.jpg

20170321_053113_zpsdbxwxy9b.jpg

20170321_053211_zpslr3f8vgy.jpg

Thanks Martin. Coming from you it means a lot.

I masked and painted the 109 canopy only to discover I had not cleaned away the point where the sprue attached. I hope to do so today.

I've also been working slowly on the George and when tired the 109's. I've been putting harnesses together. I've yet to get the dimensions correct though. And I've misplaced my late war green Luftwaffe harness. It'll be here somewhere.

I am happy to say I found my missing 109 cockpits. :)

Today I hope to mask and paint the Shoki canopy.

I reckon we need an all inclusive Bf109 thread. People such as yourself and Jay could then add their ideas. I tried to PM Jay with a 109 question some time ago but his PM box was full. And let's face it, the 109 is extremely popular. Quite possibly my all time favourite aircraft.

I just got another E4 by Dragon off ebay. The price was such I could not pass it up. :D

I now have 17 109's! :D

Compare that with two Spitfires and 3 Zeros. :)

I've just learned how to properly use Alclad.

Looking at the Shoki my mind says to itself, "KMN!!!!!" :D

The difference between Alclad and the Gunze master metals is astonishing. The Gunze looks like paint. The Alclad looks like metal. I am converted! :)

..................................I am happy to say I found my missing 109 cockpits. :).....................................

Dale, let me guess :hmmm: in the box Maru sent????

Come'on! Finish one already!

:)

(And stop abusing Shaka!)

Shaka.......my friend.........the above is SO wrong........on SO many levels...... :whistle:  :wicked: :wicked: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love this stuff,  Dale. You have 109 fever. The cure? More 109's! 

Sure would like a rainy day to model. Have a good one.

Indeed. There's method to this madness however. When I began I thought it would be good to practice my skills using one type of aeroplane. That way any progress would show itself clearly. Plus they are, relatively speaking, quite uncomplicated.

This is one of the reasons so many cockpits have either been completed, or are awaiting completion.

Jim, mate, I feel quite honoured you checked out my insane thread. There're many people here who I selfishly use for inspiration. You, my dear fellow, are counted amongst them.

This site for me is like a master class. Only free. :D

I'm a cheapskate, so it fits my diabolical plan perfectly. ;)

Come'on! Finish one already!

:)

(And stop abusing Shaka!)

I am actually going as fast as I can mate. I also still don't own a display case. I need to find one that is inexpensive and can be delivered. When it arrives I will be more ready to complete a kit. remember, rushing while affected by my health resulted in a huge mess with my George. I need to restrain any feelings of impatience.

I've always told students, both in martial arts and music, not to rush. I am simply following my own advice.

As for the abuse with Shaka, what, do you have a camera in this place or something???

If my late night shenanigans appear online, I'll know just who to blame. ;)

BTW. The kid from Nepal is really thrilled by Shaka. I plan to get some modeling clay and make a scene for it's base. I even thought of using resin to create a shallow stream for Shaka to cross.

Painting the dinosaur is actually a lot of fun. Especially now my Iwata is fitted with the new teeny weeny nozzle. I even bought a spare. Mate, 40 bucks each for this small part. Quality comes with a price. It was a good learning experience, breaking that part.

Also, thanks again for recommending Iwata.

Very nice Dale that 109 looks great in that camo and the Tojo is also coming together well.

Guy

Hello Guy.

Yeah that scheme looks nicer than I thought it would. I've not begun weathering it yet due to my still decaling it.

It's also fun looking around for markings for another airforce. Thus far the only one I am having trouble finding foreign markings for is the K4. I am sure they're out there. I bought the huge techmod sheet of Finnish markings, which includes codes. Perhaps I will find a photo of a K4 used by Finland. If so, I'll be able to place it in those colours.

Dale, let me guess :hmmm: in the box Maru sent????

Shaka.......my friend.........the above is SO wrong........on SO many levels...... :whistle:  :wicked: :wicked: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mate, worse. They were in a plastic container sitting under my TV screen. The screen where I read this site.

I just blame "chemo brain" and hope nobody notices how stupid I am.  :mental:  :innocent:

:hmmm:

As for Shaka, thus far I've not heard any complaints. ;)

Cheers mate. dale.

Well things have slowed a bit due to med's. However I am getting something done. Just really slowly. The prop' and canopy are not fixed in place. I just thought I'd have a look on the PC to check it out. I left an undercart leg to show the difference between Alclad and the Mr Metals.

If anyone has any ideas for what may need to be done next, I'd be happy to hear them.

It's funny, the closer it moves to completion, the more concerned/worried I get. :)

20170324_125319_zpsr3qz9dng.jpg

20170324_125409_zps3wnwial5.jpg

20170324_125504_zpsovyxzdoe.jpg

20170324_125551_zpslhqijxbc.jpg

Edited by mpk