Tamiya 1:48 Me 262

LSP_K2

And yet another new project. Perhaps a bit overambitious (probably), but I reasoned that I could not only finish my 1:48 Mustang and 1:32 P-40 in time for the show here in September, but this kit as well. The Tamiya kit is truly marvelous, and will require very little in the way of AM, other than perhaps some Quinta stuff, Barracuda wheels/tires and of course some spiffy decals.

GjNGm0.jpg

3 hours ago, ringleheim said:

That color scheme has been on my radar for a long time!  Not the easiest to reproduce, but so cool and interesting!

I'll give it my best, but I won't guarantee good results.

Great choice! Can’t wait to see the build process and the kit come together. 

For the squiggles, on the camo: I have seen people buying empty fillable felt markers, filling them with their color of choice, and using them to great success to “draw” them on. I myself have not tried, so not sure how the reality is of it. Haha 

Cheers!

‘Pit now given a base color (Tamiya XF-63), and some misc details painted, after receiving a Vallejo black wash (all things considered, the ‘pit of the 262 was actually pretty boring, colors-wise). A few red, yellow and white dots makes it look at least plausible. I’ll soon be dropping in an Eduard IP and an Ultracast seat too. In 1:48, that should look more than adequate (I hope).

FyB6cY.jpg

Ooh, Me 262 goodies! Seats from Ultracast and Eagle decals. Once the Eduard Look panel arrives, I can jump back into this one. Those with hawk eyes may recognize that the decals are the wrong scale for this kit, but were ordered for the 1:32 kit (Trumpeter) that I'll be starting in September. This 1:48 kit will bear the same scheme though (yellow 2), despite the color call outs seeming a bit “iffy”.

ojY74z.jpg