News from Scaleworx

topper71

Good morning,

Does anyone have any news from the scaleworx brand, because I had pre-ordered the Mirage F1C/CZ which was well advanced in its design, and since then no more news, even on Facebook....is- Does anyone have any ? Regards  topper71 

A few of us paid in advance for the Scaleworx Mirage - sadly, I think we're going to be left out of pocket. I know the guy making it has some issues, but he's disappeared off the face of the Earth as far as I can tell.

All my efforts to contact have been futile. 

A manufacturer having issues is one thing and we are all grown up people with certain life experience who acknowledge things sometimes can go wrong. But the way I would like to identify not responding to anyone for so long will not suit the kind atmosphere of this forum so I'll keep it silent.

It just made me swear that I will never pay a dime again to any individual kitmaker (?) and be very selective about who produces what.

Hi Gents

Just a quick word to let you know I received GOOD news from John.

Before I give you a direct copy of his email,  I asked him if he prefers to do it himself here through the forum, and I i'm waiting for, but here are some excerpts:

"The 1/32 Mirage F.1C/CZ molds are still going to be completed"

"This Mirage F.1 kit has been my greatest achievement and it will be done"

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say that John is determined to finish this project... it is so much more work than you think for a model like this.. John and his young family have also moved continents... twice... in the last few years... and the exodus from SA is something to see and unavoidable... about 18 months ago he produced these masters at our Club meeting... he was going through a torrid time getting the surface detail just right, this explains the multicoloured surfaces... but John wants it really good... pictures or it never happened...

Johns-F1-under-construction.jpg

And just for fun we have another very talented modeller here, Marc Barris, - yes, a 1/32 scratchbuilder who has produced a Mirage F1AZ (Mudmover) as used in Angola... his technique is vac-form over wooden masters and slowly built up with lots of plastic, but here the double-knuckle undercarriage legs are built up in aluminium tubing...

IMG-0643.jpg

IMG-0644.jpg

IMG-0659.jpg

IMG-0648.jpg

Sorry, the photos aren't the greatest quality, taken at night on the dining room table...

Regards,

Marc

On 1/26/2024 at 9:29 PM, Marcleon said:

Just to say that John is determined to finish this project... it is so much more work than you think for a model like this.. John and his young family have also moved continents... twice... in the last few years... and the exodus from SA is something to see and unavoidable... about 18 months ago he produced these masters at our Club meeting... he was going through a torrid time getting the surface detail just right, this explains the multicoloured surfaces... but John wants it really good... pictures or it never happened...

Regards,

Marc

Marc

we understand the moves,what bothers us-the people who

preordered/ordered stuff is lack of communication

a simple email or at least a note on the website would've settled the

matters-we are mostly reasonable people and can wait(whoever can't-should've been

refunded)