Hasegawa Fw190A-8/R2 Black 8

denders

On 12/9/2023 at 12:03 PM, denders said:

Well, I see that Black Dog has a Sturmbock addon. Anyone know of a seller in the US?

Interesting, when I checked SB for new items, they're now carrying Black Dog. But not the set I needed. Everything shown so far is 1/48.

The one I ordered from the ebay seller is supposed to arrive Saturday.

And, when I had decided to build the 190 for this GB, it happened to coincide with SB's weekend discount on books, so I added a few as well as some from ebay too.

I found a file that I think I can adapt to print some rudder pedals too.

At this point, I'm not sure much is going to be done before the new year.

Edit: I forgot the photo.

fmyKj0.jpg

Edited by denders

• denders changed the title to Hasegawa Fw190A-8/R2 Black 8

So, I've changed the aircraft that I'm modeling. The Black Dog parts include a clear resin windscreen and pieces to attach to the canopy for the added armor. White 7 does not have the armor added on the two side panels of the windscreen and I decided that I wasn't going to fiddle around cutting both windscreen pieces to make it correct.  Therefore, I've switched to Black 8 as shown in Jerry Crandall's "Fighters of the Iron Cross" on pages 322 and 323. The Black Dog parts have separate pieced to add to the kit canopy.

KrsiJX.jpg

fKdmBe.jpg

As noted in the other GB, we were away over Christmas, got back on the 30th with the colds/respiratory thing that was floating around, had the grandsons for two days and the on January 9 my wife had knee replacement surgery and I've been her 'nurse'. She had graduated from a walker to a cane and is more mobile which should allow me to spend more time upstairs in the 'Office'. :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one Dave.  :popcorn:

I am always skeptical of the Crandall's interpretation on Maximowitz's black eight.  The exhaust trimming seems to be a different color than the spinner spiral (Gelb 4) on the two photos I have on this aircraft.  Regardless,  I'm following with enthusiasm.    

My Ki-100 is well advanced.  The wife however has the basement total retro in work.  Installed an 8' sliding door over the w/e and knocked out a huge chunk of my house in the process.  Three walls now insulated and sheet rocked and Im sore sore sore.  

Hoping the wife a speedy knee recovery!