Are there any aftermarket fixes for HK Mosquito nose glass panels

oyoy5

No and for a very simple reason: the windows dimensions are spot on!

I also read the nose bubble glass was fully wrong whereas such Mosquitoes used three different types and the kit just depicts one of them!

It is your kit but be careful before cutting plastic... I've still to find one picture taken from the top that clearly demonstrates this is plain wrong. There are possibly some issues in the nose shapes but I'm convinced the problem was grossly inflated as pictures may be VERY misleading...

To me, the main issue of the kit is the wing root and most of this issue can be solved in one hour of work! Not a big deal.

My 2 cents!

Thierry

Thank you I also have the glass nose from the Revell kit and as I plan to do and Oboe Mosquito.  If the fit is good the clearing of the Revell glass won’t be and issue since it will be painted black.

It's possible to get the old Revell Mk.IV bomber kit and use it for alternate parts, though whether that's worth the effort is questionable. As Thierry said, the windows are not such a big deal and there were night intruders which had the nose glazing painted over.

ResKit are mostly jets but might be open to doing Mosquito bits in the future if there's enough interest. It's astonishing that absolutely nothing by way of conversions has emerged for the Tamiya or HKM Mossies. 

I very much want to do an NF.XIX from the Tamiya and a two-stage Merlin PR blue Mossie from the HKM. 

Tony 

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Are there any aftermarket fixes for HK Mosquito nose glass panels
1 hour ago, oyoy5 said:

Based on the real photos you provided of the mosquito HK looks to be way off for sure.  How does that happen with all the research that is out there nowadays I have no idea.

That's an age old question that keeps coming up all the time. I have no idea . I was going to get the HK mossi  until i got a good look at it , Naw I ain't up to correcting all that. Was looking at it because Tamiya in their infinite wisdom decided to get out of the Mossi business. I still don't have good reason why the aftermarket industry didn't come out with a lot of conversions  Would love to do a later mark with the -60 series Merlins. I think I'm the only one in the world that didn't have any issues with the way Tamiya did the main wheels.

9 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Sorry gents but if you compare such measurements with the kit part you will see they are ok! I did the same exercise some years ago. The angle of the window is debatable but not the dimensions! Obviously the shape of the window is depending on the nose shapes.

Yeah,  but the corners are too sharp. As you say the dimensions are most probably right ,it's the angle that throws it out of wrack, but there's other issue s too [with the rest of the airframe] Their rendition of the Merlins is terrible and that wing root...... I dunno.

The Merlin engines are indeed very basic. We would have been very glad to get them but in the eighties...! Note Eduard made some very nice engines but for the Tamiya kit! Go figure. I think it is just better to forget them and close the nacelles!

Improving noticeably the wing root is not that difficult. Make a cut on the top where there is no detail, bend cautiously the leading edge in a bottom up direction and fill the cut with CA glue. Sand it and it is done. The only major challenge is to correct the second with the same angle.