Aircraft in Pixels

AircraftInPixels

A Patreon patron of mine commissioned me to create a Windhoff field-mod radiator for his DFW build; apparently this was a one-off, using a radiator unit possibly salvaged from a Sablatnig Floatplane. He has a photo with his ancestor standing next to this aircraft in Palestine...

r2uLoVHl.jpg
ZYpoTbgl.jpg
ZfLxqSql.jpg

QSqk1fOl.jpg

Here's his finished model. I think it came out pretty nicely!

9mVcr0Dl.jpg
S7Gy9Dul.jpg
A3Smponl.jpg
vIXHpY5l.jpg
MXGy98Gl.jpg

Model built and photographed by Mark Lorenzetti

• 3 weeks later...

Rear MG mount + Morell Tachometer for 1/32 WNW Albatros D.V & D.Va design is finalized and going into production ... soon. More pix here

Edit: available now here

HSULQsol.jpg
elaVrjWl.jpg

Edited by AircraftInPixels
update with link to store page

Wow Bo, this stuff looks beautiful! :wub: The working seat and throttle quadrant is just crazy! Just wondering if you have any plans to scale down your 1/24th mk I cockpit and accessories to 1/32 and adapt them to the kotare kit. I see you’ve already done a 1:32 seat and rad but seems a shame to not have a full cockpit in 1/32 given that you seem to have done most of the design work already in 1/24. Although the kotare kit is nice, I do think some of the detail in the cockpit is a bit blocky due to their decision to try and keep the parts count down. The compressed air bottles moulded as a part of the cockpit wall in particular really p!$$es me off!! :BANGHEAD2: let me know if you do end up doing it as I (and I’m sure many others) would certainly be interested! 

On 10/18/2023 at 5:36 PM, Westland WhirlWill said:

Wow Bo, this stuff looks beautiful! :wub: The working seat and throttle quadrant is just crazy! Just wondering if you have any plans to scale down your 1/24th mk I cockpit and accessories to 1/32 and adapt them to the kotare kit. 

Short answer -- absolutely. I've got a few things ahead in the queue, but everything you mentioned is coming, along with some other stuff for the Kōtare MkI ;)  

• 2 months later...

One question:

I‘d like to replace the fuel tank of the Albatros D.V.

The kit part has a flat area on the lower side of the fuel tank to support the two lower wing inserts.

Does your resin printed part have it too, or is there any modifications necessary? 

thx 

23 hours ago, RKKA said:

One question:

I‘d like to replace the fuel tank of the Albatros D.V.

The kit part has a flat area on the lower side of the fuel tank to support the two lower wing inserts.

Does your resin printed part have it too, or is there any modifications necessary? 

thx 

Hi -- yes, my part has the flat recess for the kit spar stubs -- as you have probably surmised, this is not quite accurate, but most modelers want a drop-in part. (I used to offer a tank with an accurate lower portion including the drain funnel, but it was not popular...)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...