Trumpeter F-35B at Sprue Brothers

Dave Williams

29 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Has anyone seen the kit in person?  Just wondering what the accuracy is like. 

Well, I’m sure as usual the RAM panels will be way over exaggerated, I have seen sprue shots with some overly deep recessed areas at the base of the vertical stabilizers that will also need attention.  
probably will be the only game in town forever, so hopefully I can break out some mad modeling skills and make it happen. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Has anyone seen the kit in person?  Just wondering what the accuracy is like. 

There are sprue shots over at Trumpeter’s web page.  New upper and lower fuselage, obviously, but the common sprues seem carried over from their other kits.  Same huge depressions for the RAM panels at the base of the vertical tails, and the nose radome is still a separate piece, meaning that it’s probably wrong, as in the previous kits.  What looks like the 90 degree extension for the downward pointed exhaust looks to have even less detail than a 1/72 kit would have.  But, like the F-35C kit, it’s the only one out there in 1/32 scale.

ETA:  Sprue shots at TMN.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2023/07/two-large-scale-kits-from-trumpeter-in.html

Edited by Dave Williams

9 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Well, I’m sure as usual the RAM panels will be way over exaggerated, I have seen sprue shots with some overly deep recessed areas at the base of the vertical stabilizers that will also need attention.  
probably will be the only game in town forever, so hopefully I can break out some mad modeling skills and make it happen. 

I should add to tips section that a decent way to knock down and level out the RAM is to surround it with trimmed up Tamiya tape, then sand it to the tape level.

23 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Oh oh

what am I flying into?   The paint scheme appears to be challenging.  

Sounds like modeling skills are required.  I do want to pose the model in the correct configuration for a take off.  This includes the positions of all the flying surfaces.