1/32 MB Mk. 6 ejection seat?

Eli Raphael

Harold did make a Mk4 seat for the Mirage III, but I think it was just for the German and Swiss birds. He definitely did a few M-B Mk6 seats that work in lots of planes. Let me know which one you need, and I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can round them up, or maybe round up one that's already been cast. I have boxes of nothing but seats....

Tim

bnbresindesign@gmail.com

Edited by BiggTim

On 8/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, Eli Raphael said:

Gents,

Want to do a Mirage IIIS but can't find an ejection seat for her. Any tips?

Thanks

Hi Eli

Like Alain has commented the Mk 7 seat is right but the harness needs a few changes. This seat was fitted post 1987/1988 I think. The earlier seat pre 1987/88 was in fact a Martin Baker  RM4 which was fitted to many French aircraft of the time such as the Mir F1, Alpha Jet and Mirage IV. The Mirage IIIE and IIIC seats were of an earlier vintage and are not applicable. The RM4 seat looks similar to the Lightning seat but again with harness changes.

Cheers

Nick

Saw this thread earlier in the week, knew a friend had drawn a Mk.6 seat, which I have now established is more Buccaneer style. So now what I need is some more input and or comments, as to what would suite firstly the Mirage as originally requested, and other possible requirements. Quite happy to possibly do another variant or two possibly to meet requirements, however we do require good pictures or drawings to back up the requests. Having looked at some picture I have for the Mirage IIIS, I think the changes that are needed are as in the marked up graphic view in red marker. The head box flattened off, ‘parapack’ in the head box, and the large bulges removed from the sides of the seat, also the head grabs look to be flatter. Some graphics and some real printed seats TRIALS, we have now decided to print the pull handles separately as this will aid in printing, preparation and painting.

IMG_2961 IMG_2962 IMG_2960 IMG_2944 IMG_2941

11 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Saw this thread earlier in the week, knew a friend had drawn a Mk.6 seat, which I have now established is more Buccaneer style. So now what I need is some more input and or comments, as to what would suite firstly the Mirage as originally requested, and other possible requirements. Quite happy to possibly do another variant or two possibly to meet requirements, however we do require good pictures or drawings to back up the requests. Having looked at some picture I have for the Mirage IIIS, I think the changes that are needed are as in the marked up graphic view in red marker. The head box flattened off, ‘parapack’ in the head box, and the large bulges removed from the sides of the seat, also the head grabs look to be flatter. Some graphics and some real printed seats TRIALS, we have now decided to print the pull handles separately as this will aid in printing, preparation and painting.

IMG_2961 IMG_2962 IMG_2960 IMG_2944 IMG_2941

Very nice!!

2 hours ago, Eli Raphael said:

Sparkit has mentioned me that after the Rafale seats he will be doing the Mk VI for the Swiss S. When? Really don't know.

Interesting as there is a fine line cross over between Mk.4 and Mk.6 and then there is quite a few versions of the Mk.6, perhaps I shall step back and just let home get on with it.