New B-17G boxing from HK Models

barkhorn

Oh how I wish this model was better than it is, I'd definitely use it for my Fifinella ship (42-107030).  Although it is huge when built, creating masks for the nose art (I have yet to attempt this) would be easier than in 1/48 if it's even possible to create nose art masks in that scale.  I'll have to stick to my 1/48 Monogram "in-progress" build for the foreseeable future.

Stalled 1/48 Monogram B-17G Build Thread

Edited by Juggernut

do we have confirmation this new kit has the staggered waist windows?

Elizabeth looks good - she always did! - but from a modelling perspective, HK made a big 'miss' by never tooling something that could make the likes of a 'Bit O' Lace' etc

10 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

do we have confirmation this new kit has the staggered waist windows?

Elizabeth looks good - she always did! - but from a modelling perspective, HK made a big 'miss' by never tooling something that could make the likes of a 'Bit O' Lace' etc

Based on these marking options (B-17G-55-BO), they were built with staggered waist guns and standard stinger tail guns.

I agree, they have so far missed a golden opportunity to release the 3-pane waist gun windows in this scale. Which is odd, because they have them tooled in 1/48 already.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA