Bf 109K-4 'pit

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Well, that all depends on what you mean by "similar"?  The right side of the cockpit in the K was totally different than either the Bf109G-6 or G-10.

Barracuda makes a seat/bulkhead/floor for the K, designed to fit the Eduard kit. As near as I can figure, the Eduard K kit is nearly impossible to find, so I thought I'd grab either a G-6 or G-10 and make it work, using the Hasegawa right fuselage side as a replacement for the G-6 or G-10 components on that side.

On 6/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, rafju said:

Hi Kev, Eduard Bf109 K ??

future one? which scale? that one: Bf 109K-4, Eduard TBA (2023) (scalemates.com)

OK, my error. The kit I referred to (it took quite a while to find it again), is this one. It doesn't really add interior K parts as such, like I'd presumed, but just the large wheel well bulges on wing tops. I'll probably just snatch a G-10 overtrees kit and live with the lack of proper K-4 'pit parts, assuming I can actually ever find this particular kit.

Ok, color me confused here.... Are you trying to build a 109K-4 or are you looking for a G-10?  If you're looking for a K-4 and trying to use the Erla G-10 for it, you're going to have a LOT of work to do (presumably you're going to want it "reasonably accurate", no?).  As I recall, the engine fairings on the left side of the fuselage are completely different between Earla G-10 and the 109K-4.  I don't think Erla built any K-4's (my source only indicates Mtt Regensburg built the K-4).  You'd probably do better with an Mtt Regensburg 109G-10 than you would an Erla G-10....get you closer I think it would.  You'll still have to relocate the radio hatch on the left side of the fuselage (back one).   You should be able to find the Mtt Regensburg 109G-10 by Eduard.  There's also an available Bf109K-4 if you're not  too adverse to an Italeri kit.

Edited by Juggernut

4 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Ok, color me confused here.... Are you trying to build a 109K-4 or are you looking for a G-10?  If you're looking for a K-4 and trying to use the Erla G-10 for it, you're going to have a LOT of work to do (presumably you're going to want it "reasonably accurate", no?).  As I recall, the engine fairings on the left side of the fuselage are completely different between Earla G-10 and the 109K-4.  I don't think Erla built any K-4's (my source only indicates Mtt Regensburg built the K-4).  You'd probably do better with an Mtt Regensburg 109G-10 than you would an Erla G-10....get you closer I think it would.  You'll still have to relocate the radio hatch on the left side of the fuselage (back one).   You should be able to find the Mtt Regensburg 109G-10 by Eduard.  There's also an available Bf109K-4 if you're not  too adverse to an Italeri kit.

I know, Jugg, it's a real mess. The thing is, I have the cast Barracuda part that's listed as being for the Eduard kit, even though a specific K kit doesn't yet exist, apparently. I tried to stuff this into the Hasegawa K kit, and it just won't fit at all, not without some major reconstruction of the Hasegawa kit. And yes, the goal was to build a reasonably accurate Bf 109K-4, using this beautiful Barracuda casting.

Still a bit confused on the 109K-4 part...is that what you're trying to get to or just going with what the part says on the package?  If the latter is the goal, that Barracudacast part you posted is for any Eduard 109G-2 through K-4 so it if you're not dead set on a K-4, you could build an Eduard 109G-10 with it or any Eduard kit G-2 through G-10 (at this time).

Edited by Juggernut