*** Finished*** 1/32 Bf 110 C-6 Revell + AIMS conversion

Tolga ULGUR

12 hours ago, Sturmbock said:

I really love your neat paintwork, love how the preshding pops up! Very inspiring.

I got the Bf110E from Hobby 2000 here waiting, guess I will do the ZG 26 in dessert camo.

RLM79 just looks to good on a Bf 110!

Lutz

3 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Your pre-shading really adds to the septh of the top coat.  Well done Tolga!

Ernest

Thanks a lot for your comments, appreciated

Some progress

White ID band painted and some retouches have been applied. Thus main painting is terminated.

Next step is applying the RLM80 squiggles on top surfaces.

This is the most tricky process

Good luck to me.

If I don't update for a long time, understand that I messed up:whistle:

98.jpg

99.jpg

102.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

It's my first attempt at Squiggles and I can't say I'm very skilled at it. Not completed yet. There will be some additions and corrections. But right now I'm not sure if I can come up with anything better than this. Your comments are important. Is it acceptable as it is?

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

Tolga, 

This is fantastic! From the modeler's view there might be one or two things that 'need' to be refined but when comparing to the real ones you see some crudely painted ones, especially done at unit level. 

At first sight I thought this camo looks like a variation on the Italian smoke-rings camo which might have influenced this camo. 

Very well done! 

Reimund 

What Reimund said, Tolga. You did a great job for a first attempt. I would gradually build up the squiggles, looking at the photographs and tackling one area (wing, fuselage part) at a time. You could retouch the corners of the green squiggles using the brown undercoat to make them thinner and more varied, if that would be necessary. 

Great subject by the way. I have a partially completed Bf 110 lying around and this is an interesting and unusual conversion. I might follow your example. 

Hans  

51 minutes ago, Isar 30/07 said:

Tolga, 

This is fantastic! From the modeler's view there might be one or two things that 'need' to be refined but when comparing to the real ones you see some crudely painted ones, especially done at unit level. 

At first sight I thought this camo looks like a variation on the Italian smoke-rings camo which might have influenced this camo. 

Very well done! 

Reimund 

2 minutes ago, Hans said:

What Reimund said, Tolga. You did a great job for a first attempt. I would gradually build up the squiggles, looking at the photographs and tackling one area (wing, fuselage part) at a time. You could retouch the corners of the green squiggles using the brown undercoat to make them thinner and more varied, if that would be necessary. 

Great subject by the way. I have a partially completed Bf 110 lying around and this is an interesting and unusual conversion. I might follow your example. 

Hans  

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Yes I will make some retouches on the squiggles for a better result.