Pick a jet, any jet

Dandiego

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

I would also vote for the MiG-25 Foxbat.

It's kind of a basic, slab designed plane too, which has to help.

The thing just looks like it has brutal amounts of power and is kind of a classic shape IMO.

Look at the SIZE of those engines!   LOL  

6785940321.jpg

I've personally stood right next to those engines and you bet they're big! Proof positive you can get anything off the ground if you hang enough horse[power on it! LOL

4 hours ago, ringleheim said:

PS:  I would also vote for a really large scale (bigger than 1/32) Me-262.

I know there is the 1/18 thing on the market, but that is more of a toy than a model kit.

A 1/24 Me-262 is definitely something I would try to make for myself if I had the equipment and knowledge to do it.

bird_of_prey_by_roen911_dbrgttr-350t.jpg

HpH made a very large and very detailed one but it is quite expensive...

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Hasn't the poll ended with MiG-25?

26 minutes ago, Lee in Texas said:

No. It ended with RB-66 and RB-57F. That was my take on it, anyway.

Hi guys, the poll determined that Mig 25 was the top vote getter. With others receiving fewer votes.

I will use these rankings in determining which project to work on next. Actually it could be anything in the top five.

So stay tuned.

Dan

1 hour ago, Dandiego said:

Hi guys, the poll determined that Mig 25 was the top vote getter. With others receiving fewer votes.

I will use these rankings in determining which project to work on next. Actually it could be anything in the top five.

So stay tuned.

Dan

My reply was meant as a joke but I don’t know how to post a smilie

4 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Gotta finish the Cutlass....

Also, incredibly, I have no reference material on the -25.

A small problem that I am working on. Best reference will actually be a detailed 3 view with cross sections. 

Dan

Actually, the best 3d reference is very probably the 1/48 ICM kit! I will have a look as I possibly have plans with cross-sections somewhere...:)

On 12/30/2022 at 5:02 AM, Dandiego said:

Gotta finish the Cutlass....

Also, incredibly, I have no reference material on the -25.

A small problem that I am working on. Best reference will actually be a detailed 3 view with cross sections. 

Dan

Two printed sources:

Mir aviatsii 4/98 + 1/99 from Russia

Aviachia i vremya 5/2004 from Ukraine

We are talking about poster-sized drawings, not book/magazine size, of course. A2 size, sometimes printed front and back to show the aircraft from every side plus it's details. Great stuff.

The drawings differ a bit in details, but this might be related to the different versions or subseries of the particular aircraft that was used to make the drawings.

I've plowed up my bookshelf, but I don't have these issues. Maybe M-Hobby (Russia) had a set of drawings in one of the many issues, but I don't know about this (they have Mig-31 drawings, and I own this issue of M-Hobby). M-Hobbys drawings are nice, they sometimes even tell you the serial number of the aircraft that was used to make the drawings, show crosscuts and detils, but, but - only magazine-sized. No fold-out drawings in postersize, just A4 sets. I also own Yefim Gordons Red Star 34 book about the Mig-25 family, but the same problem here: The drawings are just the size of one (A4) book page.

Regards

- dutik

Shoot, missed the window, my vote would have been for the B-58. F-16XL would also be good, would have the major benefit of being able to source the canopy from leftover Tamiya or Academy since we always get two with those kits, assuming you would design it that way.

To be honest, I‘d also just appreciate fixes to some kits that are imo not buildable without them (or significant scratchbuilding), eg AV-8B pylons and exhausts, A-7 windscreen and canopy (not sure if you can do clear parts easily).

Cheers,

Marcel