That’s a big one……

Oldbaldguy

11 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

562e12b30db5d6f220a94f38212207d9.jpg

Kev

I think some of us like a certain amount of detail.  Probably a level you cannot obtain in smaller scales.  I certainly would not want to rivet anything in 1/72 scale.  But all of those huge white fields...   trouble me.  I would forever be saying:  "Was there something more  i could have done?"

5 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I think some of us like a certain amount of detail.  Probably a level you cannot obtain in smaller scales.  I certainly would not want to rivet anything in 1/72 scale.  But all of those huge white fields...   trouble me.  I would forever be saying:  "Was there something more  i could have done?"

There's actually quite a bit of surface detail on the kit, and I think that display model would have benefited from a subtle panel line wash. But even though they've chosen to finish it a bit like a travel agent's model, it's still impressively imposing. Hard to believe that models like this actually exist! Is it the largest static aircraft kit every produced? Will the HpH 1/32 Me 321 be bigger? Or their 1/48 B-36?

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

There's actually quite a bit of surface detail on the kit, and I think that display model would have benefited from a subtle panel line wash. But even though they've chosen to finish it a bit like a travel agent's model, it's still impressively imposing. Hard to believe that models like this actually exist! Is it the largest static aircraft kit every produced? Will the HpH 1/32 Me 321 be bigger? Or their 1/48 B-36?

Kev

I hope you build it.  I would love to see it when you're finished.

There's going to be a 1/72 vac kit of the An-225 coming from a company called Titan Models. I don't know if it would be an easier build or not. The details will be 3D printed if it's like any of their other kits. 

https://www.titanmodelkits.com/future-releases.html

I'm tempted by their 1/48 Shuttle stack. 

Carl

18 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

There's going to be a 1/72 vac kit of the An-225 coming from a company called Titan Models. I don't know if it would be an easier build or not. The details will be 3D printed if it's like any of their other kits. 

https://www.titanmodelkits.com/future-releases.html

I'm tempted by their 1/48 Shuttle stack. 

Carl

If it comes in at a reasonable price, I could well be tempted!

Kev

17 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

The “largest” kit in my stash is the 1/48 HPH B-52..she’s a whopper.

How does it compare dimensionally to the Modelsvit An-225 kit (1228mm wingspan and 1167mm length)?

Kev

6 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

How does it compare dimensionally to the Modelsvit An-225 kit (1228mm wingspan and 1167mm length)?

Kev

Hi Kev-

I honestly have no idea. I went searching for dimensions on the HPH website, and didn’t find any. Here’s a photo though from HPH-

MtvO8oE.jpg

I’d measure it for you right now, but I’m away from my shop-

cheers

Pete