2023 Group Build Poll

BradG

2023 Group Build Poll  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favourite 3 (maximum) Group Builds for next year.

• Aces High
    • In Enemy Hands
    • Turning Japanese
    • Commonwealth Air Forces
    • On The Nose
    • Commemorative Colours
    • South of the Border
    • Air Forces of Asia
    • The Luftwaffe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:00 PM

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, vince14 said:

Would 'Japanese Aircraft' include foreign aircraft in Japanese markings (F-4, F-104 etc.), or would it be limited to Japanese aircraft manufacturers?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the F-4EJ and the F-104J were license built in Japan by MItsubishi Heavy Industries so I'd believe it would be a yes for at least those two.

Some very interesting group build choices here but can I say and I am equally at fault here is that participation is at an all time low on the group builds with less than 10 entrants per group build. I'm just intrigued to why the entry is so low now these days. My reason is that when I have entered one in the past I just can't seem to find the motivation to get one finished so just stick to the normal WIP build forum. Just interested that's all

Regards. Andy 

7 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Some very interesting group build choices here but can I say and I am equally at fault here is that participation is at an all time low on the group builds with less than 10 entrants per group build. I'm just intrigued to why the entry is so low now these days. My reason is that when I have entered one in the past I just can't seem to find the motivation to get one finished so just stick to the normal WIP build forum. Just interested that's all

Regards. Andy 

I’ve asked myself the same question Andy, GBs just don’t seem to “take off” on LSP in the same way that they do on Britmodeller, where I could well be involved in 2 depending on the result of the current “bunfight” poll.  I think GBs depend very much on interaction and mutual support to keep generating that motivation that otherwise so often diminishes, and THAT requires effort on behalf of the collective! Perhaps LSPers are just too damned lazy and merely reach for the “Like” button instead?! 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:15 AM, mozart said:

I’ve asked myself the same question Andy, GBs just don’t seem to “take off” on LSP in the same way that they do on Britmodeller, where I could well be involved in 2 depending on the result of the current “bunfight” poll.  I think GBs depend very much on interaction and mutual support to keep generating that motivation that otherwise so often diminishes, and THAT requires effort on behalf of the collective! Perhaps LSPers are just too damned lazy and merely reach for the “Like” button instead?! 

Hi Max,

On the basis I entered one GB last year (with a 1967 era Revell Spitfire Mk1) and did not get out of the starting blocks I can say it was not lack of motivation.  For me it was seeing that I could not do what I wanted to do with the kit in the time the GB ran for. Perhaps it is that we naturally equate 1/32 and above with big aircraft, lots of detail, big effort and therefore LOTS of time.  I have taken part in GBs on other forums usually in smaller scales.  In those cases a build may have taken just a few days. So maybe a GB which says: 'This is strictly OOB, no aftermarket, no mods.' maybe even a single type group build? No biplanes, no multi engine types, cockpit buttoned up, wheels up. That might tempt a few into it as there is less to do and there might be that 'gravitational pull' from a group building at pace that you are talking about? Food for thought. What I fundamentally agree on is interaction and mutual support breeds enthusiasm for getting things done. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Could be you’re right about timescale Paul, there’s the possibility of a “large scale GB” over on Britmodeller next year. I always equate BM with predominantly 1/72 and 1/48 builds, and people there are talking of a 6 month minimum time if the large scale GB makes it through the polling stage (bunfight). 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:15 AM, mozart said:

Too much Jaw / Jaw and not enough War / War .:ninja:

I'm with you though- sadly nothing much on the list sparked my imagination - & so I didn't vote. Mind you I'm slack- coming up 2 years since I completed an LSP .