1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

Can both kits be built without the Longbow radome?

I’d be very surprised if they have all the E parts in the D kit, especially the upturned exhausts, which I suspect is what most people care about.

The air cav shield looks out of register on the decal sheet.  Hopefully someone is working on decals for the kits.

Edited by Dave Williams

11 hours ago, firefly7 said:

Thank you for the info wairco, fo

Firefly, Just a brief opening of the box to check the differences between the two kits. As two different retail kits, it is not feasible to have all the E parts in the D kit, only some parts are the same, the D/G/J plates of E model are new and the PE are still in 4 pieces.
The main rotor blades, electromechanical cabin panels and engine exhaust ducts are different from those of D model, but all include the longbow radar. The most obvious difference is in the position of the exhaust ducts. In terms of configuration, the E model has new 3D-printed parts.

Edited by wairco

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Can both kits be built without the Longbow radome?

Yes, D/E model all  can be built without the Longbow radome. It's just an option to choose.

The assembly instructions clearly show this.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/takom-2602-ah-64e-apache-guardian--1441027

Edited by wairco

4 hours ago, wairco said:

Yes, D/E model all  can be built without the Longbow radome. It's just an option to choose.

The assembly instructions clearly show this.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/takom-2602-ah-64e-apache-guardian--1441027

Thanks.  Based on those instructions, the kit seems extremely impressive. Sadly, it looks like no interior or detail painting instructions.

Also, looking at the instructions, I’m not seeing any seat belts (might be on the PE fret), or more critically, the sensor units for the gunner’s helmet that are on the top of the front of the glare shield between the cockpits.  Also not sure if the ones for the pilot’s helmet are present on the rear bulkhead.  If those are missing, that’s a pretty big miss, considering the rest of the detail in the cockpit.  Hopefully the parts are in there, but I didn’t see them on the CAD images either.

Edited by Dave Williams

41 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Very nice detail! I especially like the avionics molded in the sponsons.

Cheers,  Tom

I don't know if it was the video quality or what, but my gosh, I don't think I've ever seen clearer clear parts in my life! 

I'm very familiar with Takom from armor modeling; they are a solid company.

These Apaches are going to be great kits.

These kits look fantastic.   Be quite curious to see what Meng's products look like but so far, Tacom has set the bar pretty high (especially with that folding rotor option, which is a game changer for those who want to display this somewhere beside the family dining room table.  

Hopefully if this sells well, Tacom will take a shot at other modern helicopters, especially the H-60 series.  

34 minutes ago, Mark M said:

So to make a British one....

I'd need a D? And British decals and brimstones?

Is that all?

Hi Mark, I thought, purely based on feedback I'd seen on here that it was an E that was needed, which I have on order. I'll have to change that if it's wrong. Would be great if an expert could confirm please.

thanks

neil 

14 minutes ago, npb748r said:

Hi Mark, I thought, purely based on feedback I'd seen on here that it was an E that was needed, which I have on order. I'll have to change that if it's wrong. Would be great if an expert could confirm please.

thanks

neil 

I thought and according to wiki they were 'D' models

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_Apache

50 minutes ago, Mark M said:

So to make a British one....

I'd need a D? And British decals and brimstones?

Is that all?

The British D is different in that it has Rolls Royce Engines so different nacelles. The Guardian E is coming in to service at the moment so these E kits will suffice as they are off the shelf Boeing Products with no changes at the moment. All you will need is decals. Whether they will use Brimstone or Hellfire I do not know.