1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

37 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Yeah, but now I’ve got too many of the first boxings because some of them were earmarked for conversions that I assumed would come, but now aren’t needed since Takom is releasing them as kits.  ;)

Ah, embarrassment of riches. what are you going to do with the overage?

Caracal Decals announced they are doing a sheet for the Takom kit.   10 "interesting" US Army subjects and a partial selection of stencils.   Pretty stoked to hear this.   Werner's Wings has also indicated that they are doing a sheet, their stuff is high quality, but it seems to take quite a long time to actually get to market.   

Whoever releases their set first will get my $. 

Now if some of the printed resin parts I'm seeing on the Apache FB page make it out for sale, I'll be ready to pull the trigger on this build. 

17 minutes ago, somebody said:

maybe I should've waited for the quinta....redfox is not bad but quinta comes with some extra bits like the cushions & seatbelts, which are very nice.

aren't Quinta a Russian company ?  Personally I'm not sure I want my cash heading there at the moment but it's a very personal choice I know.  

19 minutes ago, npb748r said:

aren't Quinta a Russian company ?  Personally I'm not sure I want my cash heading there at the moment but it's a very personal choice I know.  

Yes they are.  We’ve gone through this before.  Everyone can make their own choice on who they buy from.

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I meant we as a group, not you and me personally

well good for you all !   Having what feels like you telling me off for raising something that you as a group have discussed before, it feels like you pointed out I should have known better and not said a thing. The attitude on this forum stinks at times, I think I'll just leave you, the group to chat amongst yourselves and avoid wasting my time coming back. There's a far friendly site for large scale modellers which contains all of the ex-LSP forum members that have left here for the same reason. 

4 hours ago, npb748r said:

well good for you all !   Having what feels like you telling me off for raising something that you as a group have discussed before, it feels like you pointed out I should have known better and not said a thing. The attitude on this forum stinks at times, I think I'll just leave you, the group to chat amongst yourselves and avoid wasting my time coming back. There's a far friendly site for large scale modellers which contains all of the ex-LSP forum members that have left here for the same reason. 

There is no need to be too sensitive about that. Dave just wanted to stress this has been already mentioned whereas the LSP rules strictly mention politics should stay out of range. Every western modeller may do whatever he wants with his money and more particularly with regard to Russian products.

4 hours ago, npb748r said:

Wow....   The ratio of good conversation to snarkyness on this site has always been impressive.   For someone to get offended and leave is just downright sad.