Hasegawa Bf109G-14

Bruce_Crosby

Hi Guys,

This Hasagawa G-14 is another of the second hand kits I bought from Models for sale at the Gloucester Model Show.  These are like hen's teeth in the UK and go for exorbitant prices, but this was just £30! 

I'm an old git, on a fixed pension and the world economy is screwed, my gas and electric payments have doubled.  Add the vehicle fuel increases here and there is next to sweet FA left for modelling, so I'll be scratch building and modifying rather than buying accessory and after market parts for the foreseeable future.  

So no resin exhausts, no resin wheels.  I will be making and modifying, home casting, cutting my own masks, all the skills learnt over the years. so the mantra has to be "Build, Don't Buy!"

First economy:  Kit exhaust stacks hollowed out.  Actually very easy once I got my act together. The first stub section took an age, the other five stubs relatively less, the other side took half the time and while I had the tools out, I did the exhausts for a K-4 as well!  Toast and coffee, YouTube on the TV, just sit and do it! So that's the money saved from two sets of resin exhausts, probably £20 with postage.

52137087916_da8d9dd57d_b.jpg

The kit wheels aren't bad at all.  Let's be honest, this is as close as you're ever going to get to my model!

52137109983_35c57f6c6f_b.jpg

Exhausts test fit.  You may think otherwise but i quite like them.

52137138393_a8eb2c8f1b_b.jpg

Almost ready paint the interior.

52137108043_32864a7c57_b.jpg

While i was doing the exhausts I dragged out the kit gun barrels, drilled the ends and rounded up the tubes. 

52137611730_feb97b1268_b.jpg

Cockpit test fit.  I have a stash of AirScale Luftwaffe Instrument Dials and Eduard Colour Etch Seat belts to finish off the kits.

52137610165_774ef72dbc_b.jpg

That's this one ready to push into the spray booth!

Regards, 

Bruce Crosby.

Edited by Bruce_Crosby
spelling

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

What’s the scheme going to be Bruce?

Actually I don't know yet. But have cameo, will think of something. however, i doubt if you'll see it as I'm thinking of departing from LSP after Thunnus's comments.  I think I gave a fairly complete technical answer as to why I'd done something, maybe a bit hard.  

12 hours ago, Bruce_Crosby said:

Actually I don't know yet. But have cameo, will think of something. however, i doubt if you'll see it as I'm thinking of departing from LSP after Thunnus's comments.  I think I gave a fairly complete technical answer as to why I'd done something, maybe a bit hard.  

Bruce, leaving LSP for that reason would be a bad Idea. Alas, misunderstandings are quite common on forums even when both parties have positive motives. Leave that behind you and go on!

Hi Guys,

More of the batch build 109 kits.  Here are the cockpit side walls, not yet finished.

52178139135_a90cc1feb5_b.jpg

Here's the cockpit floor after a wash and dry brushing.  I will add Eduard colour etch belts soon.

52178139195_c098070329_b.jpg

Current financial constraints mean no Yahu or Eduard IP so it's back to basics - the kit parts or nothing.  I decided not to use the Air Scale decals and did a bit of dry brushing, washes, etc, then Krystal Klear over the gauges. Not the best but that's it for this kit.

52178951363_f5b3ee18de_b.jpg

Regards,

Bruce Crosby