Jeannin Stahltaube, E.Wendler (1/32, WNW)

PrzemoL

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Greif8 said:

A true work of art in all respects.  I can only dream of being able to hand carve a wooden prop.  Top shelf sir!

Ernest

Carving of the veneer prop is not difficult. One can get the veneers cut to outline shape at Kotebi. Glue them, soak with liquid CA glue and when dry use the knife and sandpaper. Very feasible!

Thanks.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:22 AM, Thomas Lund said:

Stunning work !!

I never noticed how huge the elevator was on that bird... and the ailerons pretty big, but the rudder is tiny - kinda fun

It is a huge bird overall. Of the size of AMC DH.9!

On 2/14/2022 at 3:36 AM, PrzemoL said:

Thanks for your kind words and the interest in my build.

As for rigging, some years ago I have made a presentation of my way into rigging. It is available here

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=7902.0

There you can see that I recommend fishing line for 32nd scale. Yet, the delicate elements on ailerons, tail and engine bay in this Taube would not survive large forces from it. So here I used the elastic Uschi line instead.

I struggled to use it in the same manner as I use the fishing line - i.e. eyelets and tubes. I do not like the look of the line just glued to the drilled hole.

Well, it is doable but tricky, the line likes to be attracted to anything around, especially another sections of itself, it is not so stiff so pushing it through the polyimide tube is not easy. I reckon it all took me 3 times more time than it would have with fishing line.

Besides it is evident that Uschi is not round in cross-section, the flattness of the section is evident under magnifying glass. Also it is clearly thinner than 0.12mm fishing line. Yet, I saw no other choice to rig the delicate structure of this bird with those flexible pylons at the wing tips and the tail. 

The main structural rigging is from 0.12 fishing line as the main pylons over and under fuselage were very solid.

There is also a build log if you are interested

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12650.0

If you have any other questions I will be glad to answer.

Thank you for your detailed response!

I also do not like EZ-Line or other elastic line for the reasons you mention, and I also use the fishing line and brass tubing technique for my rigging.

It is interesting that you considered the fishing line approach not feasible!

Now I need a re-think as to my ideas and techniques.

I will follow our build threads over at WWI forum and talk to you more there! 

Thanks again.