Upcoming Hasegawa Ki-43 re-release of olde kit

Steve Eagle

It's not a bad kit for it's time and still can be built, rather easily, into a nice model without a ton of aftermarket.  It suffers from some cockpit inaccuracies (instrument panel is reportedly not correct for a Ki-43-II and more closely resembles that of a Ki-43-I or so I've heard) but that's not a game changer by any stretch.  I have the early version release with a resin "early" cowl.  I've heard that the resin shrinks and the cowl will not fit properly...If that's the case then that part will go in the bin and I'll build it as a later version with appropriate markings. 

Edited by Juggernut

• Kagemusha changed the title to Upcoming Hasegawa Ki-43 re-release of olde kit
5 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

So, where´s the re-release of the P-47M?? :D

Nice that Hasegawa are pushing out some of the big, old bird though.

If they'd re-release the P-47M with the correct engine details, that might be worth my while but since I already have one of their first issue P-47M kits, I'd probably think twice about grabbing any updated release.

Edited by Juggernut

3 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

Hey, I can relieve you of it! ;)

I think I'll keep it as the chances of Hasegawa re-releasing an updated P-47M are slim-to-none.  Anyway, it would cost a small fortune to post it to Sweden from the U.S.  :redx:

Edited by Juggernut