Roden 1/32 L-19 on floats

chrish

1 hour ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Great start! Excellent detail work in the cockpit.

I should have known it was you again building a plane on floats!

If you have more projects like this, the type of float in the kit could be used if you can get a hold of some extra ones.

Alain

Haha yup, that's me got a thing for float planes I guess. Thanks!

I fitted the engine cowlings and windshield, front and rear;

iEC12lq.jpg

The kit's engine air intake and oil cooler were blanked off. I opened them up added a model car radiator for an oil cooler and a bit of p.e. from an F-18 kit gun vent for the carb. air intake.

WgvM1n0.jpg

VEoMt28.jpg

fLi0Vun.jpg

Thanks for looking

I got on the base color of gloss white, a tough color for me for some reason but, most civil aircraft are...white. So anyway, primed, primed again with Tamiya white surface primer, then shot with gloss white, then shot with gloss white, then shot with gloss white....see a pattern? This is Mr. Color lacquer. I'd much rather use acrylic but acrylic gloss white would have me painting for the next three months and I always seem to end up with tape marks after masking gloss acrylic (anybody else?) 

Ij1dGqr.jpg

Nh9KVkJ.jpg

zuEXrUP.jpg

next up is some masking and the (hopefully) color in red and black (C-FIMJ) 

Thanks for looking (and encouraging)

Thanks for commenting!

I've got some paint on the floats tonight (quitting time now) and weathered them with the stains I've seen on well used floats.

sdQiJ5A.jpg

hmmmmm...they look quite different to the naked eye than to the camera it appears.

PpQwlNd.jpg

Anyway, that's it for now

Thanks for looking.

I made a bit more progress on the Cessna tonight having finally got it up on it's floats. A word of caution to anyone building one of these, the floats are heavy and the plastic is soft. the mounting points have broken in a couple of places. I would, if doing it again, cut off the plastic mounting points and use brass pins instead.

G374IMB.jpg

pwZmWzL.jpg

XZFf9VU.jpg

Thanks for looking