Trumpeter 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

mpk

I've begun using my Techmod decals. I leave them to soak in water for up to ten minutes. After this period they become loose. I then apply water, not Microset, to the required area. None has reacted adversely to being moved into place. Indeed, they are very forgiving. I then brush on Microsol. So far so good.

I'm going to leave it for today.

RuCjnQ.jpg

QIc0ur.jpg

All the main markings applied. I've begun the stencils. 

Another note regarding Techmod decals

By accident I placed a fragile stencil in the wrong area. I was sure I was going to lose it. However, I used my dry index finger to press upon it and it lifted easily. I was glad to see this and worried attaching by pressing it down would fail. It didn't! I was then able to remove crinks with a wet brush. I couldn't believe it, but there it was.

As far as I can tell, it all depends on allowing them to soak for a longer period than other brands. They are incredibly thin and tear easily, unless soaked to a point when with a light touch the decals slide on the backing paper.

I am now wondering how I will weather this hurricane. It's just come through the BoB flying with the Polish 303 Sqn. British summers aren't as harsh as deserts and the Pacific. I like the marbling on the underside. However a black base left Dark earth darker than dark earth!!! What to do???? :frantic:

Hmmmmmmm.... 

VqI9zE.jpg

jELOll.jpg

oKkse1.jpg

Edited by mpk
Failure to proof read.

Good to hear you have a handle on Techmod decals. Can't help too much with the weathering, imagine  some chipping/scratches/oil staining? typical stuff. Darker than Dark Earth? Don't think that warrants a strip and repaint. Again.

Don

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

A small amount of weathering will have it looking top notch.

Cheers,

Michael

Does not compute. Does not compute. :frantic:

Thanks Micheal. :)

Soft brown pastels brushed over all of it could tone it all down if thats whats your looking for .

Oil dot filtering could knock it all back as well 

Or if you are feeling adventurous running a mist coat of highly dilute light brown will tone and blend it together - although given your luck with this build and the non reversable nature of an acrylic wash maybe stick with the pastels .

TBH you maybe seeing something I can't but the colours look fine on my screen , I wouldn't worry about it  - this is a "practice" build still ? 

9 hours ago, mpk said:

Does not compute. Does not compute. :frantic:

Thanks Micheal. :)

Re my comment on a small amount of weathering, you mentioned that you were wondering how to weather the model as British summers aren't that harsh.  Too true :lol:.  Most of the pictures I've seen seem to indicate mild scratching except around the wing root, not much engine soot, and perhaps some cordite streaking around the gun ports and shell ejector outlets.  Generally, I think they were kept clean as most of the Flight Sargeants at that time would have been doing the job in the prewar era and would likely have given any "slovenly" maintenance crews a minor dressing down if a plane wasn't maintained in top shape, inside and out.  The other ting is that many planes didn't last for more than a three or four months in service anyway.  Just my thoughts on that subject.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55