Wingnut Wings - The End?

NGBZ

NOT good news!  I am awaiting $1400 (US) order placed in September, 2019!  From what I gather there has been some type of problem with New  Zealand Postal. My order was apparently found, only to be placed on indefinite hold due to COV-19.  Now I am concerned that I am screwed.  Had been contemplating ordering the DR-1s, but will not likely be doing this now.  BUYER BE WARE!  Very sad.

Just made a rather large purchase of WnW (and some other stuff) to get now what I've been procrastinating on getting.  Given the current situation, I thought I'd better act now than miss out.  Looks like we may be missing out on the Dr. I's and the Lancs.  If true, and there's no reason to think it's not, it's a sad day for the 1/32 WWI (and WWII) modeling community.

This story doesn't make any sense.  

It does sound like WNW intends to shut down permanently, but I don't think that much to do with COVID 19.  

I agree the WNW kits will live on in some other form, once someone else buys them, assuming they really do shut down permanently.

There's much more to come from this story.

29 minutes ago, mozart said:

:angry2: Damn, and I missed out on an SE5a recently at a good price! No chance now methinks. 

and lots a great little kit Max, in that note once my DV.II is finished I may get mine back on the bench.

Regards. Andy 

So yes it sounds like WnW as we know it is going down the pan but also sounds like this has nothing to do with Covid 19, They cant get stuff out of  China  at the moment but say that lasts for 3-6 months, I cannot believe that will make them go down, let's remember a  couple of years back or so and everyone was speculating they where going down as they hadn't released anything new for ages and then bang, the camels came out and they were prolific ever since. 

More to this than meets the eye, Mr Jackson sounds  like he has thrown his teady bear out of the pram big time.

Fortunately I have pretty well everything I want from their catalogue especially the big twins but gutted that hopefully for now we wont be getting the Lancs or the Hadley Page's 

Regards. Andy 

6 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Is anybody else wondering what roughly 90 sets of tooling for 1/32 WWI aeroplanes should cost?

Think it's about £90 Dean in the current  climate!! 

Or maybe £1 in a nice pre-pack deal.

Regards. Andy 

4 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I just need to source around  $10million.

I doubt you would even need that much. The entirety of the Revell USA and Revell Germany companies along with all the tooling and IP sold for $2.5 million in the Hobbico bankruptcy.

1 minute ago, VMA131Marine said:

I doubt you would even need that much. The entirety of the Revell USA and Revell Germany companies along with all the tooling and IP sold for $2.5 million in the Hobbico bankruptcy.

£9.90m was going to be for my personal use.

29 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Is anybody else wondering what roughly 90 sets of tooling for 1/32 WWI aeroplanes should cost?

Whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. As noted above, the entirety of Revell Germany and USA sold for about $2.5 million. That was thousands of kit moulds.

Just now, DeanKB said:

Can't see Airfix going into 1/32 aeroplane modelling.

Except that buying WnW gives them a strong lineup of kits to start out with that they can build on rather than having to start from scratch. The 1/32 Lanc kit would be the crown jewel of the entire Airfix product range. There is some consistency To the idea; Hornby, Airfix’s parent company, does own Pocher after all.