EE Lightning - Echelon vacuform

mozart

Thanks chaps, even this fairly tedious task of opening holes (2 days work) is still great fun!  I'm rather nervously anticipating the first big challenge that really stretches my limited abilities and patience.:huh:

10 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Jebus man, I go away for two weeks and you nearly have a scribed vacu-form airframe!     Cant wait to see where the rest is headed

Thinks......:innocent:......thanks to lockdown! Never had such indulgent modelling time Brian. 

18 minutes ago, mozart said:

Thanks Kev. Think I’ll be looking for the Echelon Hunter next, this one is very satisfying to work with! 

I do hope you'll find a Hunter, since I'm sure that will turn out as perfect as the Lightning build !!

Lothar

10 hours ago, Lothar said:

I do hope you'll find a Hunter, since I'm sure that will turn out as perfect as the Lightning build !!

Lothar

Funnily enough Lothar, I’ve just looked on eBay and there’s one listed, it’s been there off and on for a long time, located in S California, so I’ve made an offer......we’ll see! :D

Later......offer declined, c’est la vie! 

Edited by mozart

6 hours ago, mozart said:

Funnily enough Lothar, I’ve just looked on eBay and there’s one listed, it’s been there off and on for a long time, located in S California, so I’ve made an offer......we’ll see! :D

The two seat Echelon Hunter is a lovely model. When I was buying the Lightnings from Frank Brown (long after the business had shut down) because he was slightly delayed sending the models out he added a two seat Hunter as a way of apology. He was a very nice man and very interesting to talk to. I really wish he had carried on a produced a 1/32nd Buccaneer.

Great work on you Lightning it is shaping up very nice indeed.

Oh Max very nice scribe work there mate. And can’t beat a bit of colour work to keep you going. :clap2:

Still scribing cutting and hacking the Harriers wings. Making some progress - but slow - so hope to get some pics up later.

Enjoy your lockdown and abuse the time Max - me oh well still got to work, but from home. At least it keeps the bills being paid so soooooo much more fortunate than those that can’t.

I really do feel for them but as on old mate said to me once ‘Make the most of it mate. As your a long time dead!’ Keep safe everyone!

Looking forward to the progrees Max - Happy Modelling Taff :D

This "landed" on my doorstep this morning, flew all the way over from Germany courtesy of Lothar - he really is a very lovely gentleman!!  :)  It's 1/48th of course and therefore can't be included in my LSP Lightning build, though you "might" just spot it in the background (assuming that I get to an RFI stage wit the Echelon Lightning!):

mcJ7OG.jpg

And the colour scheme is absolutely perfect:

PgVMpQ.jpg

The whole kit looks to be very well and crisply moulded, with good detail, some of which will be helpful to me with the big boy....interesting size comparison:

rSxT9m.jpg

I'll be building it 100% OOB, I have no doubt that it will be great fun and I hope for a reasonable result, especially with the metallic paint finish!