HPH FW 189 Eagle Owl.

Phartycr0c

1 minute ago, Phartycr0c said:

Kev

I now admit it. i cheated.. its not airbrush its an acrylic chalk paint pen as close a damn it to RLM 76 it needs toning down and weathering appropriately. 

Well, whatever it is, it's super effective! And probably much better for your sanity, too.

Kev

20 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Well, whatever it is, it's super effective! And probably much better for your sanity, too.

Kev

Better than my airbrushing that's for certain.

Mike its these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Y2TH3J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the set as it also includes a silver which I may use for chipping etc. 

Now I am having a couple of issues with the decals. for those who don't know HPH have used HGW wet transfer decals for this kit.

Basically they are reverse versions of the usual waterslide decals and when they are down there is zero carrier film left.

The decal is cut out, soaked in warm water, placed on the model and left to dry out for recommended 2-3 hours but in my case I left them for a lot longer. The carrier film is then carefully peeled off leaving the markings behind. 

BUT! brittle doesn't describe it fully enough. They do look good though.    

• 1 month later...