Miniart 1/35 AVRO 671 ROTA MK.I RAF / Focke-Wulf Fw C.30A announced

Jan_G

On 7/27/2019 at 10:44 PM, John1 said:

Just about every LS helicopter is in 35th.   I find it to be very appropriate.  

You and me both. Nice to see more aviation subjects in a proper scale, rather than in a somewhat niche scale.

7 hours ago, BaldEagle said:

I presume it's aimed at military diorama buliders?

If Tamiya had not muddied the waters with its abomination, this question simply wouldn't arise. Everything would have been compatible with everything else, however you wanted to use it. They must feel complete idiots running their own aircraft at a different scale to the armour. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot....

Anyway, no 35th aviation scale kits will pass my threshold.... Yuk.

16 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

If Tamiya had not muddied the waters with its abomination, this question simply wouldn't arise. Everything would have been compatible with everything else, however you wanted to use it. They must feel complete idiots running their own aircraft at a different scale to the armour. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot....

Anyway, no 35th aviation scale kits will pass my threshold.... Yuk.

As I have stated before on this (& other forums) I am happy to model in any scale and model any subject providing it piques my interest. After all, it’s only a hobby (although by some of the comments I have read it has apparently taken on the form of a quasi-religious undertaking). As for my previous ‘niche’ comment, whilst it is true that 32nd scale was the ‘grandfather’ of large scale modelling, it was overtaken many, many, years ago by 35th scale. Whilst some may not like it, it is true.

When it comes to the variety and numbers of kits, the numbers of manufacturers, the aftermarket providers, etc, etc, it is obvious 32nd scale was surpassed some time ago. The recent rise of new manufacturers and release of kits, the likes of which we never thought we would see, in 32nd scale is to be both applauded and admired; WNW, HKM, ICM, Zoukei-Mura, etc, etc, produce superb offerings and occasionally less than superb offerings (Hobby Boss?), but produce them nonetheless. 

However, it shouldn’t be forgotten this is a very recent phenomenon. It wasn’t that many years ago when 32nd LSP modelling was in the doldrums and I can fervently remember talk of its demise. Whilst 32nd LSP modelling has, just like but not on the same scale (no pun intended) as 35th scale entered a golden age, however compared to 35th scale it is a niche product. That does not mean it is a lesser product, simply that based on volume of goods produced, smaller. 

I wish there were far more 35th scale LSP models produced, which, by the way, doesn’t mean I want to see fewer 32nd LSP models, there is room for both. I congratulate MiniArt (and before them Bronco and Hobby Boss, nee Tristar) for trying, or at least attempting something different - more power to their elbow IMHO. 

If you don’t like it or don’t want it fine, you are fully entitled to you view and opinion and you can show your disinterest, or dislike, by refraining from doing so. But hatred....for a modelling scale! That sounds more like a fundamentalist zealot than an enthusiast.

I dont believe a single person has said they hate 1/35th or even used the word hate.

It was a highly unnecessary move by Tamiya that muddied the water, but unlike dislike,  hate takes effort and devotion.

Just because I may not like something doesnt mean I devote any time to thinking about it or dwelling on  it. AAMOF unless its brought up, I dont think about 1/35th at all really.

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I dont believe a single person has said they hate 1/35th or even used the word hate.

It was a highly unnecessary move by Tamiya that muddied the water, but unlike dislike,  hate takes effort and devotion.

Just because I may not like something doesnt mean I devote any time to thinking about it or dwelling on  it. AAMOF unless its brought up, I dont think about 1/35th at all really.

What Out2gtcha said....