HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D available

Propwash

Just got the latest Squadron catalog in the mail.  HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D is listed in it for US$200.99.   This is the version I really wanted, but in view of the fact that the J was such a disappointment ---and the buzz is that the D isn't any improvement--  I'm on the fence about placing an order.   But, then, it's unlikely there will be another 1/32 B-24 in the foreseeable future, so I may just swallow my pride and go for it.  Have to give the matter some thought.  

Incidentally, the reason I'm especially interested in the D is because I used to know a guy who piloted one on the Ploesti raid. 

Nothing to do with swallowing your pride, it's the best injected plastic B-24D in 1/32 ever seen, or ever likely to be seen for the foreseeable future.

For the money, I think it's a good buy. Sure, it has its faults, but then again how many other 1/32 4-engined bombers even come close in price? It's not aimed at us at the top of the market, it's been designed to sell in volume, and for that to happen it has to be designed to a lowish price.

Don't let perfection be the enemy of good, especially at that price.

1 hour ago, Propwash said:

Just got the latest Squadron catalog in the mail.  HobbyBoss 1/32 B-24D is listed in it for US$200.99.   This is the version I really wanted, but in view of the fact that the J was such a disappointment ---and the buzz is that the D isn't any improvement--  I'm on the fence about placing an order.   But, then, it's unlikely there will be another 1/32 B-24 in the foreseeable future, so I may just swallow my pride and go for it.  Have to give the matter some thought.  

Incidentally, the reason I'm especially interested in the D is because I used to know a guy who piloted one on the Ploesti raid. 

I wonder if it is in stock?  Good price though.....

Just now, 32scalelover said:

I wonder if it is in stock?  Good price though.....

I went ahead and placed an order.  They told me it's not currently in stock, but they expect it by the end of the month or early August.  That's okay.  I have The Airfix Hellcat to keep me busy in the meantime.

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

They don’t have it in stock yet, so it’s not on the website.  It’s just listed in their latest flyer.

If you want to place a pre-order, you'll need to call their order desk (1-877-414-0434) and give them the stock number, HY83212.

19 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Nothing to do with swallowing your pride, it's the best injected plastic B-24D in 1/32 ever seen, or ever likely to be seen for the foreseeable future.

For the money, I think it's a good buy. Sure, it has its faults, but then again how many other 1/32 4-engined bombers even come close in price? It's not aimed at us at the top of the market, it's been designed to sell in volume, and for that to happen it has to be designed to a lowish price.

Don't let perfection be the enemy of good, especially at that price.

Wiser words have never been written at this forum.

Great advice!