RODEN Boeing Stearman 1/32 PT-13 Kaydet - In development!!!

Jan_G

My kits arrived today.  Looks good.  First aftermarket part needed is a metal McCauley ground adjustable prop.  Despite box cover depicting one, the kit only has the wood Sensenich prop included that I could find.  

Still, I am tickled to have them!  I’ll have to do a quick comparison to Silver Wings beautiful kit later. 

lKfnV7.jpg

My tracking is still saying “Processed through Facility KIEV PI-2”. April 25th.   According to EBay today was the day of delivery.  I think I need to send the seller a note. 

Mine went from Kiev to New York and is now in Florida. It's sure taking a round about trip to Washington State. The tracking says it should be here Saturday. I ordered some MRP True Blue and Dark Chrome Yellow. From what I've read they should be about right for the Army version. Also got some generic HGW WWII fighter  seatbelts that should work well enough.

Got mine today and it looks pretty darn nice. Some parts have some thin flash but no big deal. It will be easy to clean up. I just started an old Hasagawa F4B-4 yesterday but this Stearman will probably be next. I'm excited to get going on it. 

Some of you guys have said you will get the ICM kit too or instead of this one. I have never built an ICM kit. Are they generally that much better? I can't see how they could do to much to improve over the Roden kit. Of course I haven't tried fitting any parts yet.

Edited by AlbertD

1 minute ago, AlbertD said:

Some of you guys have said you will get the ICM kit too or instead of this one. I have never built an ICM kit. Are they generally that much better? I can't see how they could do to much to improve over the Rodeo kit. Of course I haven't tried fitting any parts yet.

The new gen ICM LSPs are stellar. The surface detail, price point, and fit is really great.

7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Don’t bother.  Once it’s in the hands of the post office there is nothing they can do.  My Zvezda 1/48 Mi-24 has been sitting in a Moscow post office since the first week of April.  The seller said it’s out of his hands.

:rolleyes: Exactly what he told me.  

2 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I'll take a look when they come out. It would be a good excuse to do one in Navy and one in Army colors.

I have two Silver Wings, two Roden and will likely get two ICM later.  I can think of any number of Stearmans I’d like to build.   In addition to PT-13/N2S-2, PT-17/N2S-3, a few Ag conversions, and several airshow planes (Bill Barber. Bill Adams, Walt Pierce and John Mohr), I could easily see a dozen...if I live that long.  I’ll be lucky to get two built in the next year...but that’s about time to retire.  

I just finished up a rebuild of an old 1-48 Lindberg Stearman duster I built and rebuilt as a 13-14 year old as well as a Revell PT-17.  

pmLXFqesj

Edited by JimRice