WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

48 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

The Lanc is 50% longer than the Felixstowe, only 7 ft longer wingspan, but obviously twice as many engines - Merlins, that are very well known, so need to be correctly done - and half as many wings.

WNW provided full engines on WW1 kits because they were mostly exposed.  I see no reason why they would have to provide 4 super detailed (or even one for that matter) Merlin.  

9 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Initially I'm reminded of the Tamiya Mosquito announcement, just prior to the HKM Release.

A few things are different though ... The Mossie FB is by far a more popular subject than the B, so the Tamiya kit would be expected to outsell the HKM kit anyway.

Rog :)

To me, the FB Mk VI is the only Mosquito, so I needed to look no further than the excellent, excellent Tamiya kit, but that's just me. To date, HKM hasn't done anything that interests me at all, though I am looking forward to their eventual P-51B/C.

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

Agree with Thierry. The F-4K and possible Convair Delta are in the top five of my dream list, and it would be good to see HKM come out intact so these projects proceed. 

Tony

I've heard nothing of either the 102 or 106 from HKM. Is that just a dream, or are they actually proceeding with either of them?

I believe the Deuce or Six rumour originated with Jennings, a couple of years ago.

Frankly, it's the F-4K / FG.1 that tops my list of HKM 'futures', and the Lanc if I can scavenge enough cash.

Tony

Edited by Tony T
clarification

the final price for the kit is one thing, but the "project" price is second

with WnW you will probably need to add only some fabric seatbelts, canopy masks and metal barrels to achieve great level of detail.

with HK many of us will throw on it many AM add ons which will increase final price tag.

on the other hand we are paying lot of money for resin kits that are far from perfect in terms of buildability :D

So i think that there is space for both kits and there will be dozens of us who will buy both :D

The real hype will starts after WNW will show all the details

jan

Edited by Jan_G

12 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I've heard nothing of either the 102 or 106 from HKM. Is that just a dream, or are they actually proceeding with either of them?

6 minutes ago, Tony T said:

I believe the rumour originated with Jennings, a couple of years ago.

Frankly, it's the F-4K / FG.1 that tops my list of HKM 'futures', and the Lanc if I can scavenge enough cash.

Tony

IIRC some of Jennings posts, that F-4K is no rumor.  I believe it was confirmed to be on their release schedule, but with all the Lanc news lately I have not heard any more about it.

Now the SIX! that is a different ball game! Id love one for SURE, but have not heard confirmation that anyone is doing one. 

25 minutes ago, Plasto said:

It might be 0 Ww1 subjects or it might be A SPAD XIII.. 

We get no say in the matter. 

The Lancaster announcement squarely tell us what drives WnW’s is not market views or needs...

You have have to like it or lump it..

No kidding.

I'll be lumping it and going back to my default position of hoping they make something I like and would want to buy.

This was just disappointing, that's all.

Can someone please tell Peter Jackson to plan a failed movie concept hinging on the Luftwaffe?  Maybe a film version of "I Flew For the Führer" or something?

They can then kit all the Luftwaffe aircraft from that failed undertaking and I'll be a happy modeler!

34 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

No kidding.

I'll be lumping it and going back to my default position of hoping they make something I like and would want to buy.

This was just disappointing, that's all.

Can someone please tell Peter Jackson to plan a failed movie concept hinging on the Luftwaffe?  Maybe a film version of "I Flew For the Führer" or something?

They can then kit all the Luftwaffe aircraft from that failed undertaking and I'll be a happy modeler!

That's a bit harsh. 

Not sure the world needs another war movie right now. Sir Peter should, perhaps, make the ultimate docudrama on the dam raids interspersed with digitally enhanced and coloured archival footage the way he has done with the 'They shall not be forgotten' film being premiered in October.

Tony