TA-152 use of Wood Panels

Ryan

Is the large circular inspection panel under the mid fuselage made of wood?

I know the tail on the sole remaining example has portions of it made of wood, are there other panels that would have been wood also?

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by Ryan

I think most of the tail is wood. There was also a metal version (differentiate by lack of panel lines on the wooden one). The MW 50 access panel could be wood. Not sure about the landing flaps, we know the D-9 could have wooden landing flaps but they weren't liked and warped under field use...

Instrument panel and side consoles could be wood. Maybe the large panel covering the fuel tanks beneath the cockpit.

Matt

1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

Yes indeed , there use to be a huge discussion causing lots of waves about the origin and use of this primer by Vought company. :)

Excellent, I AM indeed a modeler.

To quote Martinnfb,   Epic waves of conversations regarding the red salmon Vought primer in pages upon pages of good squabbling banter.  Nonetheless, the topic of the Ta-152 wood application is still upon us and most interesting, Ryan.  

Certainly a great topic for discussion.  Thanks for bringing this up.  

I love the late late war material replacements or color usage in the last moments of WWII.  

Thanks for posting and to bring up back on track again.  

Troy