Pacific Coast Fw190A-4 release

Kagemusha

Thanks Kev, I wonder why only 'certain' kits ?

Wonder where the rest of the molds are ?

I really don't know any details, other than that at least one more Fw 190 release is planned. Perhaps more information will be forthcoming soon.

Kev

What can you tell us about it?  Is it good?

It's a good kit but keep in mind that it's low pressure injection molded and all that goes with that, no alignment pins etc.  Think older Special Hobby releases.  The fit is good though, my only real complaint is the lower cowl is split crossways down the middle which makes it harder than it should be.  The resin is nice although the wheels seem to have a mold flaw where the inner bead is missing.  I paid $50 for mine, $67 seems a little steep but it's the game in town at the moment.

Fw190A3_black11_6_zpsr87dharm.jpg

Fw190A3_black11_4_zpsedwfxgit.jpg

Edited by Mikester

Too expensive for a 190, especially a short-run 190.

The Fiat G.55 is in stock at $63. I'd be far, far more inclined to grab one of those.

And the Macchi's & Re.2005.

I think Fly have filled the 1/32 Hurricane market, Revell have much, much cheaper Spitfires & 190's, with more 190 variant surely on the way.

I'm surprised PCM don't just immediately start making more of the Italian machines? I saw some on EBay at £90, and they sold!!

Actually, a Macchi Mc.205 went for £206!!!!!!!!!! Albeit it had a resin tail update set (which I never knew existed?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANR-Macchi-C-205-1-32-scale-Pacific-Coast-Models-1-32-tail-Boom-update-set/253467415111?hash=item3b03d5d247:g:b6UAAOSwlrBanDef

This is just abject craziness.

And this, same resin tail boom set:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Regia-Aeronautica-Macchi-C-202-1-32-Pacific-Coast-Models-upgrade-kit-/253467378849?hash=item3b03d544a1%3Ag%3AoUkAAOSweRhanDLk&nma=true&si=ph%252FmKqOLynhIN4WYHfrsj8ATYMA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And a G.55 at a bargain £150.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-G-55-Series-1-Centauro-1-32-Deluxe-kit-Pacific-Coast-Models-aircraft-/253467401310?hash=item3b03d59c5e%3Ag%3AQ2IAAOSwe~NanDXg&nma=true&si=ph%252FmKqOLynhIN4WYHfrsj8ATYMA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Worlds gone bananas.

I think I'll sell mine at those prices, wait for PCM to pop some more out.....?

It is not a tail resin set but a set detailing various zones of the airframe. This set was a small run production. Accordingly it is not really surprising the combination of a Oop short run kit with a rare edition of a small production high quality detail set is reaching insane prices...

Hmm. just bought one and it's shipped out of Sandy, Utah....the old home of Great Models. Any relation? I don't mind, I bought a ton of stuff from GMW although some others had a bad experience I recall

Hmm. just bought one and it's shipped out of Sandy, Utah....the old home of Great Models. Any relation?

Yes: Loic Anthian, who owns and runs Kitlinx, used to own and run Great Models. Think of Kitlinx as the reincarnation of Great Models. And they're our newest sponsor, too!

Kev

I really don't know any details, other than that at least one more Fw 190 release is planned. Perhaps more information will be forthcoming soon.

Kev

Didn't Special Hobby/MPK pick up some of the old PCM moulds? ... I thought it was mentioned in a thread somewhere?

Rog :)

Didn't Special Hobby/MPK pick up some of the old PCM moulds? ... I thought it was mentioned in a thread somewhere?

No, they did the actual tooling on the early kits (as did Sword with the later kits), and are probably still in possession of the relevant moulds. The right to produce kits from those moulds stays with the company that paid for them (PCM in this case), and would likely transfer to the new owner with the sale of the business. It's possible that rights to certain kits might have been assigned to MPM (or Sword for that matter), but you'll only know that if former PCM kits start showing up in Special Hobby boxes.

Kev

Special Hobby have had an early Macchi MC.200 listed as a future release, albeit for quite a few years, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I think that's the case in that case. Bear in mind that these are short-run kits, and the moulds for the early ones may not be in great shape any more, which will also affect how likely it is that we'll see them again.

Kev

Ahhh ... I think Andy has it!

I just remember a thread about a SH release and someone mentioning PCM's kit in it ... like they thought it was a rebox or something.

I wonder if the masters still exist ... maybe newer moulds can be made at some point?

There's also a Fiat G.55 listed, worth pointing out the Tempest, Typhoon, IAR-80/81, Whirlwind, V-1 weren't on the original list years ago, though the Yak 3 was.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=103&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8213&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Yay! I have been wanting to get an Fw-190A1 for a while, looks like it was worth the wait. There was one on eBay a few weeks ago for $100, now they are $65 new!

I just got my review kit of the A-4. If anyone is looking for an early 190, this is the kit to get! It is the complete A-1/2/3 kit, plus resin parts (later engine vents, revised tail antenna mount) to convert it to the A-4 or A-4 Late.

So with the conversion parts, you can make the A-0, A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4 Early (engine cooling slits), A-4 Late (Louvered engine cooling slits). The kit includes markings for 16 different aircraft!