B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Yup, it's in there all right. Almost have this side done.

DSC_0369-L.jpg

If your going to put all the radios in, I decided to get the Eduard B-17 radio compartment set as it has all the same equipment as far as the different components carried, plus you get a couple oxygen indicators/regulators you can add onto your cabin walls plus some other bits and pieces that can be used. I also looked into Resin 2 Detail who makes 1:32 radios(less expensive too) but I don't think the set has all of the radios that were carried on B-25s, the castings look really nice though and the set is probably enough components to make due once you close up the fuselage you probably won't notice.

Pat

If your going to put all the radios in, I decided to get the Eduard B-17 radio compartment set as it has all the same equipment as far as the different components carried, plus you get a couple oxygen indicators/regulators you can add onto your cabin walls plus some other bits and pieces that can be used. I also looked into Resin 2 Detail who makes 1:32 radios(less expensive too) but I don't think the set has all of the radios that were carried on B-25s, the castings look really nice though and the set is probably enough components to make due once you close up the fuselage you probably won't notice.

Pat

I thought about the Eduard B-17 set as well as the Resin2detail ones. The Resin2detail ones worked out to be almost double due to really high shipping. I ended up getting a set from Australia on eBay that were much more reasonable. The guy has a front radio compartment as well as a radio set so I ordered one of each.

And thanks again for your inspiration and advice on the ribbing.

Carl

It looks like somewhere over the Solomons...

Ernie's the reason I mentioned it it looks like the Solomon's in Baa Baa Black Sheep to be exact on the left of the photo you see two points one has a break water and the second row rocks jetting out at the farther point doesn't but you see a white building which I think is the Hueneme lighthouse. Which would be the harbor for US Navy Seabees

Thanks Jari!

Those pics confirm what I suspected which is that the gun mount is not in the right place. It's centered and should be closer to the rear edge where the opening is.

Carl

What do you guys think?

DSC_0372-L.jpg

I'm reminded of the quote from "Contact" where the guy says "Why build one at full price when you can have two for double?" or something like that.

Anyways, I started on the starboard side. I figured the best place was the round escape hatch just aft of the waist window.

I started by cutting out a circle 17mm in diameter. This was edged with a strip of 0.015 x 0.030 which I curled a bit before gluing it to the edge.

DSC_0373-L.jpg

DSC_0374-L.jpg

With the edge completely in place.

DSC_0378-L.jpg

I then added the internal bracing to match the rivet pattern on the outside.

DSC_0379-L.jpg

I then measured the distance from the waist window and glued it in place.

DSC_0380-L.jpg