B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

I hear you Buddy, we are in the same boat in terms of time. I was trying to go as fast as I could after Sofia fell asleep turning into nocturnal glue-sniffer :) nosniffratu

Cheers

M.

That's my usual modus operandi. Get the boys to bed, clean up a bit and then hit the bench.

Got a bit more done on the builds.

First up was a mid project sort of the workbench.

DSC_0427-L.jpg

It was amazing how many F-4 bits were scattered and mixed in with the B-25 parts. They've all been corralled and put with the other Phantom bits.

Next up, I finally started work on the cockpit. I mounted the seat bases to the floor after adding the PE plates.

DSC_0428-L.jpg

With a coat of paint on and the Eduard PE panels assembled.

DSC_0432-L.jpg

Next up will be a flat clear coat on the IPs and finishing the pilot's seat.

Carl

The pit pe must be Eduards because I didnt get the floor plates with my Profi set. Looking real good Carl....Harv

Edited by Guest

Guest Maxim

I'm pretty sure that the 345th B-25's had the same seat in the co pilots section as the pilot with the armor plate. I have studied the book Warpath Across The Pacific many times and even their early B-25's had the same seat and armor plate as the pilot.

HTH

I'm pretty sure that the 345th B-25's had the same seat in the co pilots section as the pilot with the armor plate. I have studied the book Warpath Across The Pacific many times and even their early B-25's had the same seat and armor plate as the pilot.

HTH

I've been going though my references Maxim and can't find anything. Since I've gone through the pain of assembling the seats, I'm going to leave them.

Carl,

Just got caught up with your epic work here. Amazing! And I mean that: sorting out all of those sprues must be a maze! Seriously, great, meticulous work, and I've learned a lot about B-25's here.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom! I'm slowly plugging away at them. It's been busy for lately so I haven't got much done. Soon I hope.

Guest Clunkmeister

I think the H had the asymmetrical load out due to the ammo rack for the 75mm cannon being where the ports identified cheek gun ammo boxes were.

Ruff 'N Ready had the cheek guns on both sides at some point but I don't think there's decals for her.

Marine PBJ-1H's had the full complement of all four plus the top turret when they were deployed in theatre. The top turret was ditched for extra fuel almost immediately, but the package guns were retained for several weeks until the need for fuel and bombs outweighed the need for more guns.