B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Carl there are a couple of images here, 3rd row down:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Heavenly_Body_(B-25_Mitchell)

showing the position of the escape hatch. Also on pg 120 of the manual, 133 of the reader:

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/northamericanaviation/b-25mitchell/report-na-5770-flight-manual-b-25h.html

shows the inside release handle for the hatch.

Jari

Thanks Jari! That first link had some great reference photos.

In for a penny... I put on Raiders of The Lost Ark and started scraping away all the ejector pin marks and the molded in ribs. I got that initial part done by the time the truck chase started. Then it was time to start on the new ribs.

DSC_0385-L.jpg

This time around, I did them in pairs, working from side to side so that I could make sure they would line up with one another and not interfere with details.

At this point, I noticed that there's a lip in the waist openings that shouldn't be there. I removed the upper and lower lips but left the vertical ones on as you need them to insert the windows. They're also not as visible afterwards.

DSC_0384-L.jpg

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Next up, I tried my hand at scratch building the life raft compartment on the port side just in front of the waist gun.

DSC_0386-L.jpg

Here it is dry fitted in place.

DSC_0388-L.jpg

The edges aren't as rounded as they should be but I'm happy with the results otherwise. I need to add some reinforcing strip to it once it's dry and then it's done.

Carl

OK this is madness Carl, I was wondering why would you put yourself through such ordeal and then I realized that if you want to open the access door, everything is going to be visible. Great work .

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

OK this is madness Carl, I was wandering why would you put yourself through such ordeal and then I realized that if you want to open the access door, everything is going to be visible. Great work .

Cheers

M.

I was actually thinking that the madness was in trying to build two of these at the same time.

I think I'm going to do French Kiss for the second one. NMF and HVAR rockets under the wings!

Get the rubber room ready!!! :P

I was actually thinking that the madness was in trying to build two of these at the same time.

I think I'm going to do French Kiss for the second one. NMF and HVAR rockets under the wings!

Get the rubber room ready!!! :P

Yep. Building 2 at once is certifiable. But I'm still loving your work!!!

Yep. Building 2 at once is certifiable. But I'm still loving your work!!!

It seems to be an affliction of mine to do multiples at the same time. I had the HK and Tamiya Mossies on the go at the same time and last year it was three Tamiya Spitfires and a Revell one. THAT got confusing.

It seems to be an affliction of mine to do multiples at the same time. I had the HK and Tamiya Mossies on the go at the same time and last year it was three Tamiya Spitfires and a Revell one. THAT got confusing.

Good God man! Three Tamiya spits???.

I get confused doing 2 sets of undercarriage at once. Left always ends up right!