B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Excellent !Carl, isn't there an outline on the outside you can line it up with ?.....Harv.......Harv :popcorn:

Edited by Guest

Excellent !Carl, isn't there an outline on the outside you can line it up with ?.....Harv.......Harv :popcorn:

There is Harv, that how I checked to make sure I had it in the right spot. I think I followed the wrong rivet line when I did the other side. :shrug:

So time for Plan B. I've already swiped a bomb bay from the other kit, might as well grab the fuselage half too. Since I was planning to do the second one all closed up, the error won't be as obvious. I'll fudge the escape hatch a bit on that one.

Which got me me thinking that since I have so much of the second kit out, I might as well go all in. So now to figure out what scheme to do on number two. NMF? Or OD/NG again?

Carl

I think the H had the asymmetrical load out due to the ammo rack for the 75mm cannon being where the ports identified cheek gun ammo boxes were.

Ruff 'N Ready had the cheek guns on both sides at some point but I don't think there's decals for her.

Carl there are a couple of images here, 3rd row down:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Heavenly_Body_(B-25_Mitchell)

showing the position of the escape hatch. Also on pg 120 of the manual, 133 of the reader:

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/northamericanaviation/b-25mitchell/report-na-5770-flight-manual-b-25h.html

shows the inside release handle for the hatch. 

Jari

Edited by Finn