Trumpeter SBD-2 Midway Survivor, Call her done!

dora9

I certainly love Montex masks, and you have definitely put them to good use! Your SBD is beautiful!

Thanks, at first I wasn't too sure about it, but it turned out amazing! Now decals, a bit of weathering, armament and she'll be finished!

Just a preview of what's to come!

DShmyoWh.jpg

I used decals from the Yellowhammer sheet to complete the model. Peter you can used them in all safety they work just great!

dMtK0byh.jpg

I fear the canopy installation with all those sections on top of one another!

cwUu1yXh.jpg

Probably a bit more wear and tear on the walkways. Sure nothing beats painted rondels!

Stay tuned!

Thanks Gaz,

I'm quite happy with the results but I'm affraid of all that stack up of windows! I really want to have them in the open position.

On the bench they do stack themselves quite good but on the model hope it won't be too wide for the fuse!

Edited by dora9

Guest Peterpools

Andre

WOW - Beautiful work applying the markings with the masks - perfectly done. Aces on the weathering, looks just right to me.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter

It's a bit unnerving at first, you really have to take your time, make sure everything is align and symetrical. The rest, numbers and letters are from the Yellowhammer decal sheet.

They really work well!

Thanks Andy,

I really love the way it came out, I was a bit, not afraid but uncomfortable with all those masks and was really happy with the end result!

The Yellowhammer decals went really OK. They are thin but strong and react well with MicroSol.

Cheers